DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New Galaxy Nexus Artistic Rendering Mockup Pic and Possible Screen Size Extrapolation

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2060 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

New Galaxy Nexus Artistic Rendering Mockup Pic and Possible Screen Size Extrapolation

Apparently, it has been confirmed that a talented graphic artist created the artistic rendering of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus pic that we posted last week. Here the artist added some more to it and created an even more interesting mockup. That's a pretty gorgeous phone, and his mockup should be pretty accurate based upon all the leaked info so far.

Also, a clever person over at Droid-Life has done a fair bit of extrapolation to determine the dimensions of the device. Here's a quote from their story with the description,
    So yes folks, the screen is 4.65″, but during normal use there will only be 4.3″ or 4.5″ of usable screen the rest of the space is for the on-screen buttons. The cool thing here, is that during video playback or games, the buttons will more than likely be hidden like on the XOOM and Honeycomb, giving you the full 720p experience.
    You can check out some more pics that were used in the extrapolation process at the source link below.

Thanks for the tip, Liderc!

Source: Droid-Life and Tumblr

3. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    TheMuffStuff
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Now that I look at the portrait, looks way to curved, whats the point of that.
    Dont thank me by saying it, Press the thanks button please
    Follow me on twitter. @TheMuffStuff
    ----
    Themer
    ----
    Proud user of a Droid Bionic
    ----
    Vikings Fan - Red Sox Fan - Mets Fan - Bruins Fan - Knicks Fan - Celtics Fan
  4. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    Maybe they are going after how a traditional home phone shape is ..
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    i'm worried about the height now. Looks like it might be 5.26" and the bionic is 5". It's good that the screen size is bigger with 4.65" by getting rid of soft keys, but being quarter of an inch taller sux. I wish it was the same as bionic. we'll see how it actually feels in real life. if not....droid razr here i come.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I don't care for the shape either. Of course, I don't care for thin phones to begin with, let alone curved. Thin phones are a problem to the extent that my past iPhone 4 and my current Bionic both live in an Otterbox Defender to add heft as well as protection.

I think they should have made the Prime a 1/2" thick brick. With battery sized appropriately for form-factor. Going back to the old "brick" design is the only way we are going to see acceptable battery life in the future, the way phone tech is outrunning battery tech.

I just don't get why everything out there has to be so damn "thin and light". I am not "thin and light" - and my phone shouldn't be, either. I can manage to carry around 6oz just fine, that you very much. Has the general population become so weak physically that 6oz is too much of a burden to lug around?
    trestevenson likes this.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by mach330 View Post
    i'm worried about the height now. Looks like it might be 5.26" and the bionic is 5". It's good that the screen size is bigger with 4.65" by getting rid of soft keys, but being quarter of an inch taller sux. I wish it was the same as bionic. we'll see how it actually feels in real life. if not....droid razr here i come.
    Just out of curiosity, what is wrong with just getting a Bionic? I bought one, and couldn't be happier. It's not perfect, no phone is. Neither the Prime nor the Razr will be perfect, either. Mark my words.

I only ask because I see so many threads about the Prime/Razr out there implying that the Bionic isn't even an option.
    Shadez and GBH2 like this.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
  9. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what is wrong with just getting a Bionic? I bought one, and couldn't be happier. It's not perfect, no phone is. Neither the Prime nor the Razr will be perfect, either. Mark my words.

I only ask because I see so many threads about the Prime/Razr out there implying that the Bionic isn't even an option.
    Agree... whenever a new phone is released, and you buy it, consider yourself a beta tester.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

for me it was the screen. i tried to so hard to not let it bother me, but i couldn't. don't get me wrong, if the prime is too big, then i'll decide on the razr or back to the bionic or even the vigor. i didn't even make the vigor an option as htc's battery issues that i've seen in the past. even the charging (take out and plug back in all the time annoyed me).
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Note 3 rockin 4.4.2 Kit Kat
    I don't care for the shape either. Of course, I don't care for thin phones to begin with, let alone curved. Thin phones are a problem to the extent that my past iPhone 4 and my current Bionic both live in an Otterbox Defender to add heft as well as protection.

I think they should have made the Prime a 1/2" thick brick. With battery sized appropriately for form-factor. Going back to the old "brick" design is the only way we are going to see acceptable battery life in the future, the way phone tech is outrunning battery tech.

I just don't get why everything out there has to be so damn "thin and light". I am not "thin and light" - and my phone shouldn't be, either. I can manage to carry around 6oz just fine, that you very much. Has the general population become so weak physically that 6oz is too much of a burden to lug around?
    Im not crazy about the thin phones either,but it is what it is.Thats y they make otter box 2 give it some thickness.Now the bionic-screen and camera,thats y i dont have a bionic.But the best built phone on the market-shes a brick house(ojays style).
    "I'll stop buying smartphones when they make One smarter than me."Where's the stylus pen on the new One?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links