The latest stable build of CyanogenMod 7.1 is out, and it has support for Android 2.3.7 as well as 68 devices now. Above is a video of the CM sessions at the Android BBQ. Here is a list of the newest supported devices:
- HTC Desire S, Incredible S, Incredible 2
- LG Optimus 2X and T-Mobile G2x
- Motorola Backflip (Motus), Cliq / Cliq XT, Defy, Droid 2, Droid X
- Samsung Captivate, Fascinate, Mesmerize, Showcase, Vibrant, Galaxy S, Galaxy S2 (multiple carriers)
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X8, Xperia Mini, Xperia Mini Pro, Xperia Neo, Xperia Play, Xperia Ray, Xperia Arc
- ZTE V9
Here is a list of some of the newest features:
- Bluetooth mouse support
- revoking app permissions
- camera touch-to-focus
- native screenshots in the power menu
- upgraded kernel and Android v2.3.7
Here is the full Changelog. And, here is a download link, CyanogenMod 7.1.
Another bit of interesting news to come out of this is that the Honeycomb version of CyanogenMod 8 will likely be bypassed altogether in favor of the Ice Cream Sandwich version which is CM9. This means we will likely never even see CM8 released at all.