^The Bionic is not in the water
Well, it is....if you have a contract with verizon...
Its the best, as of right now.
Nexus 7 2 4.3 PA
Unlocked and ROM'ed Note 3!!!!!
It's not like it not being a Verizon exclusive takes anything away from the phone, just means more members for this board right?
Exclusive or not, the phone on paper seems awesome and from the mock up drawing it looks great. Whether it's strictly on Verizon or not doesn't matter to me, after all Verizon phones only apply to me.
If Verizon doesn't carry this phone it'll be the last straw , I said that with the GS2 but after spending half an hour in the Sprint store I decided to give them one more chance . Sprint has pretty much the same coverage in my area
Why is everyone doubting verizon will get it? Just because a GSM version passed through the FCC doesn't mean VZW won't get it. This just means it could and probably will be released for other carriers at a later date.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
EDIT: My apologies, I see what you're saying. I honestly don't think it will be a world phone for Verizon if there are two versions of the phone. One being this GSM version and the other being Verizon's CDMA/LTE variant.
Last edited by Arkbird; 10-08-2011 at 04:58 PM.
I hate to be the conspiracy theorist, and I hope I'm wrong, but something might be smelling funny.
1. Remember when someone posted about having an inside friend at verizon who had hands on experience with both Prime and Vigor prototypes? This source said that the Vigor was actually the better phone. But that didn't make sense with the bulk of the specs seeming to lean towards the Prime.
2. Cut to this last week, when more 'solid' specs on the prime were first announced. It was 5mp in back, 1.3mp in front and 1.2 GHz dual core. And we hardcore fans were disappointed.
3. Then "revised" specs of 8mp, 2mp, and 1.5 MHz dual core popped up seemingly out of nowhere.
4. Now the Prime hits the FCC and it is not for verizon.
5. Add to that the new rumor that vzw is only getting a dumbed down version of the phone and that could possibly explain the first set of 'inferior' specs.
And now that I've posted sufficient slop to chew on, I will say that I am quieting my (potential) anger by telling myself that Sammy postponed the undoing announcement because they realized how heinous it would be to stick big red with a crappier version of what will be the best phone in the world.
And hoping that Google is truly a Google Experience phone with direct support from Google would be nice.