DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Samsung and Google postpone Ice Cream Sandwich and Galaxy Nexus Announcement

1. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member

Samsung and Google postpone Ice Cream Sandwich and Galaxy Nexus Announcement

Well it's not like we aren't accustomed to delays. The two companies sent out a joint announcement reading:

"Samsung and Google have decided to postpone the new product announcement at CTIA Fall. We agree that it is just not the right time to announce a new product. New date and venue will be shortly announced."

Eric Schmidt did say, we shouldn't have to wait too much longer... he did promise us that it would launch by November.

Comments? Opinions?

Via: Engadget.com

Note: Some are speculating that this was done by Google & Nexus out of respect for the passing of Steve Jobs and possible funeral arrangements. If this is the case, I give props to both Google and Samsung for showing the dignity and respect they are giving by postponing the announcements out of respect for his family & colleagues..

Update:

Kim Titus from Samsung just released a slightly longer statement:

Samsung and Google have decided to postpone the Samsung Mobile Unpacked event during the CTIA in San Diego, previously scheduled for Oct. 11. Under the current circumstances, both parties have agreed that this is not the appropriate time for the announcement of a new product. We would ask for the understanding of our clients and media for any inconvenience caused. We will announce a new date and venue in due course.

Update
    :

Google released a second statement:

“We believe this is not the right time to announce a new product as the world expresses tribute to Steve Jobs’s passing.”

Thanks Thundercats (Started Original Thread) and Jahmakan for the additional tip..
    Last edited by Shadez; 10-07-2011 at 01:40 PM.
    jroc likes this.
  2. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Premium Member
    Well we are gonna have to start fresh, I messed up and take full responsibility. I'd appreciate those who posted before, repost if they wish.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    I agree if this was done because of Steve Jobs passing away....major props to both Google and ...Samsung...(Shadez...lol) This would be a valuable lesson for fanboys on both sides to learn from.
    czerdrill likes this.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  4. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Premium Member
    Yea I was moving posts from Thundercats thread and am not sure what happened... anyways, this is where it leaves us. Sorry again guys.. but news is news.
    Last edited by Shadez; 10-07-2011 at 09:15 AM.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Yeah if that really is the reason they moved it, well there is really nothing to complain about at all. Nice gesture by Google and Samsung.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Jobs has to be the reason. Nice move out of respect, that's for sure. Again, Jobs started this whole smartphone revolution so everyone should be bummed that he is gone.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    I don't think there is going to be any change in the grand scheme of things or the over all time-line, we will just have to wait a titch longer to get confirmed specs. And on the bright side, it probably means we will have to wait less between the announcement and the release...
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I don't think its all altruistic though. Since jobs died this week, I'd wager the funeral is the weekend, so folks will be focused on that, and partly next week. I'm sure Google and Samsung want the thunder all on them, thus moving it back out a bit to allow the news to die down and have less competition due to the death.

I'd wager that now instead of a long lead up time between the announcement and launch, the window will be shorter, as the launch will still occur.

Hopefully its not like the Bionic and goes months without a launch
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
  9. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nikecar View Post
    I don't think its all altruistic though. Since jobs died this week, I'd wager the funeral is the weekend, so folks will be focused on that, and partly next week. I'm sure Google and Samsung want the thunder all on them, thus moving it back out a bit to allow the news to die down and have less competition due to the death.

I'd wager that now instead of a long lead up time between the announcement and launch, the window will be shorter, as the launch will still occur.

Hopefully its not like the Bionic and goes months without a launch
    I agree, and I think within the next week we will be seeing the a new release date if not the release itself.
  10. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Premium Member
    UPDATE:

Update: Kim Titus from Samsung just released a slightly longer statement:

Samsung and Google have decided to postpone the Samsung Mobile Unpacked event during the CTIA in San Diego, previously scheduled for Oct. 11. Under the current circumstances, both parties have agreed that this is not the appropriate time for the announcement of a new product. We would ask for the understanding of our clients and media for any inconvenience caused. We will announce a new date and venue in due course.

Via: Droid-Life.Com

I think this kind of confirms that they are indeed postponing it out of respect to Steves family and colleagues.
    Last edited by Shadez; 10-07-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links