ASUS Reveals New Water-Proof Android Tablet Called 'The TOUGH'
Asus recently revealed an up-coming Android tablet that we haven't really heard about previously. The 7-inch tablet will be called the ASUS TOUGH, and will be designed as a rugged-style, water-proof and dust-proof Honeycomb based Android Tablet. Initially it will be heading to the KDDI network in Japan, and there is no word if it will make it to any other markets. Here is a list of specs:
- 7-Inch Screen with a resolution of 1280x800
- Honeycomb 3.2
- Water-Proof and Dust-Proof
- Dual-core 1GHz Tegra 2 processor
- 16GB of built-in internal storage memory
- 5 megapixel camera rear camera (no camera on the front)
- EVDO, Bluetooth, WiFi and GPS & WiMax
It's interesting that it has WiMax support, so it is possible we could see it show up in the States for Sprint. Although this tablet looks a bit on the heavy and beefy side, the ability to use it outdoors or in the shower, make it kind of appealing. What do you guys think? Would you want this to come to the States?
Here's a link to some additional pics of the device: Asus TOUGH Android Tablet Additional Pics
Source: TransformerForums via PhoneArena