DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New Nielsen Report Indicates Android Doubled Adoption Rate of iOS Over Last 3 Months

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle King 76 View Post
    That is why the comparison is based on OS. You cannot compare phone by phone sales. It is Apples choice to only make one phone and that decision had cost them money in the long run.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    I agree it's fair to compare OS to OS but I think Apple is perfectly ok with their one phone and also being the wealthiest company on earth. I don't really see how they have lost money.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Apples fine always has been. Marketshare is not something they're going to retake but as mentioned already they have the most sales among all oems and the highest margins. I'm sure they don't mind.
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Twitter
    XSYLUS_DEV
    Phone
    DROID 4 • Cricket Wireless
    Put another way the 28% all belongs to Apple while the 56% is divided up among a multitude of brands so I doubt any one of the Android manufactures have 28% of that 56%. It is cool to see that people prefer choice over Apple's one-size-fits-all approach.
    “Innovation is not the product of logical thought..." ~Albert Einstein
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Samsung Nexus
    Just great! now Apple has even MORE reason to start another lawsuit. Maybe it will be against Neilsen ratings this time for not calculating the results on an iPad2.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    ErickKincaid
    Phone
    HTC Hero
    Iphone users have very limited options, and all models of Iphone have similarity in overall looks, it makes a boring impression
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Android and iPhone market share...thats good n all. Nothing much has changed over the past 12 months. I'm interested in the 6%. Read an article about the Samsung Wave, running Bada selling 10 million phones since 2010. Thats kinda wild if it's outsold WP7..
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    Quote Originally Posted by erickkincaid View Post
    Iphone users have very limited options, and all models of Iphone have similarity in overall looks, it makes a boring impression
    What are Apple's real models? White or Black? 32gb or 64gb?
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I'm curious to see how people are going to react to the iPhone 5 when it's released. I know three people who have replaced their Android smartphone with the current iPhone because they thought it was easier to use and had fewer software glitches. Battery life was also a major factor in their decision to go with iOS as opposed to Android, so I can't help but wonder how many other consumers will feel the same way. I think many of the changes that Apple has made to their latest OS iteration will make the transition from Android for these people even easier.

Now don't get me wrong! I definitely consider myself to be an Android loyalist/fanboy, and I was sad to see these people join the "dark side". However, all three of the people I know who have made that jump couldn't be happier with their decision. It'll be interesting to see how many people stay with the little green robot once the new offering from the Cupertino boys is available.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Quote Originally Posted by trestevenson View Post
    I'm curious to see how people are going to react to the iPhone 5 when it's released. I know three people who have replaced their Android smartphone with the current iPhone because they thought it was easier to use and had fewer software glitches. Battery life was also a major factor in their decision to go with iOS as opposed to Android, so I can't help but wonder how many other consumers will feel the same way. I think many of the changes that Apple has made to their latest OS iteration will make the transition from Android for these people even easier.

Now don't get me wrong! I definitely consider myself to be an Android loyalist/fanboy, and I was sad to see these people join the "dark side". However, all three of the people I know who have made that jump couldn't be happier with their decision. It'll be interesting to see how many people stay with the little green robot once the new offering from the Cupertino boys is available.
    Ditto, should be an interesting quarter for both sides.
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I think you will get your Apple loyalists, current iPhone upgraders and a mix of Android users buying it, so I mean the sales will be huge for the iPhone itself but as far as the market share is concerned, I don't see it being a major blow to Android.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links