DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: [Rumor] More Confusion for Samsung Nexus Prime Names; May Be 2 Different Phones

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    uhhh my head hurts.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dgstorm View Post
    (An interesting side-note is that the Verizon Tester indicated that the Vigor was the better phone.)
    I found this comment to be quite interesting and have been wondering which would be better, having just returned my Bionic the other day. (I disliked the amount of background noise in my audio as mentioned on other threads and forums). Assuming for a moment (as has been rumored) that the Vigor will be the Droid Incredible HD possibly coming in the middle of next month, I might be more inclined to go that route than Nexus or Prime, especially if we determine in the coming weeks that the specs aren't too dissimilar. Much as I'd love to have Ice Cream Sandwich on the latest hardware, I'm wondering just how much patching it's going to need if they rush it out. Mind you, it's not as if we have some idea when the Vigor would be upgraded to ICS either. Whichever phone I opt for, I hope they make an extended battery for it as svelte as the one that was made for the Bionic as opposed to the hump the Thunderbolt got for its extended.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I find it incredible that Google/Samsung/Verizon have done such a good job of keeping these devices in the same category as Bigfoot, UFO's and Ghosts..etc. Many people claim to have seen it(them), but there seems to be no solid proof what-so-ever. We haven't even gotten a blurry picture of a corner of an indiscriminate object next to a glass of beer that someone claims is this elusive device!

With that out of the way I am looking forward to either of these devices and hope to get some solid information soon regarding specs and the design. I don't want to pull the trigger on the bionic yet with these and the IncredibleHD on the horizon as I think the wait should be worth it. Coworker has a Bionic and it is a nice device... but it just didn't grab me like the OG Droid did. However the lack of information is very interesting...
  4. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Watch proof, here's the Nexus in the wild...

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  39.4 KB
  5. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Damn you...non editable post!!!
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Quote Originally Posted by sbenson View Post
    Watch proof, here's the Nexus in the wild...

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  39.4 KB
    I wonder what his ringtone is?!
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I was hoping to hold out out a bit longer, but I've essentially been without a phone since early July (wife knocked my OG off the kitchen counter and have since been dealing with a phone whose left side is unresponsive). With HTC holding an event today, and the Vigor not being mentioned, tells me that this thing isn't coming out anytime soon (relatively, anyway).

Having said that, I'll probably pick up a Bionic sometime this week. Between reviews, videos, and my on hands-on experience, it's a good phone, and It'll be a while before something is noticeably better. The Vigor and/or Prime/Nexus will NOT be any faster. Everything is instant on the Bionic. 4G LTE is 4G LTE.

The issues are the screen, camera, audio issue, future proofness.

Screen: I checked it out and it looks fine to me. If I get too close everything becomes blurry anyway.
    Camera: Took some sample pics in the store (well lit) and it was fine. The camera isn't a big deal to me anyway, so it's not a deal breaker
    Audio issue: Haven't had a chance to test it yet
    Future proofness: For the near future (1 year?), this is not an issue.

After reading about HTC's poor battery performance and "cheap" plastic build quality, and Samsung's poor GPS performance and "cheap" build quality and slow software updates, the Bionic is as good a choice available at this time.

It may sound like I'm trying to convince myself (maybe I am), but when I break it down, it just makes sense.
  8. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Quote Originally Posted by magdream View Post
    I was hoping to hold out out a bit longer, but I've essentially been without a phone since early July (wife knocked my OG off the kitchen counter and have since been dealing with a phone whose left side is unresponsive). With HTC holding an event today, and the Vigor not being mentioned, tells me that this thing isn't coming out anytime soon (relatively, anyway).

Having said that, I'll probably pick up a Bionic sometime this week. Between reviews, videos, and my on hands-on experience, it's a good phone, and It'll be a while before something is noticeably better. The Vigor and/or Prime/Nexus will NOT be any faster. Everything is instant on the Bionic. 4G LTE is 4G LTE.

Screen: I checked it out and it looks fine to me. If I get too close everything becomes blurry anyway.
    Camera: Took some sample pics in the store (well lit) and it was fine. The camera isn't a big deal to me anyway, so it's not a deal breaker

After reading about HTC's poor battery performance and "cheap" plastic build quality, and Samsung's poor GPS performance and "cheap" build quality and slow software updates, the Bionic is as good a choice available at this time.

It may sound like I'm trying to convince myself (maybe I am), but when I break it down, it just makes sense.
    Hmmm...I don't think you've read all the facts.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Quote Originally Posted by magdream View Post

Best to just give it a try. If you go to Best Buy you have 30 days to return it. If you wait around here, you could get beat over the head for even considering the Bionic!
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Liked
    117 times
    Phone
    DROID X --> Nexus Prime
    As long as the non-touchwized skinny (debloated) ICS prime comes to Verizon I'll be good, but I think I'll scream for Ice Cream (sandwich) if it goes to *gasp* tmobile or something...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links