DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 315
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Verizon beings unlimited data throttle - Your response?

  1. DF News Team/Mod
    Malvado's Avatar
    Member #
    1437
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,027
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSami View Post
    Yea they are evil people and they are probably why MY 4g network is down now!

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    They aren't evil. They're just trying to regulate the data usage.

    Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!
  2. Team Sourcery
    Chizzele's Avatar
    Member #
    152716
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    2,023
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #12
    I should use more data.. i checked it the other day and i rarely pass the 0.25gb per billing cycle..
  3. Master Droid
    BlueSami's Avatar
    Member #
    26138
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Citrus Heights
    Posts
    471
    Phone
    moto droid
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvado View Post
    They aren't evil. They're just trying to regulate the data usage.

    Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!
    Not Verizon the evil high data users, who are abusing their unlimited data!!!

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    DROID Bionic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Droid Newbie
    donnyb's Avatar
    Member #
    53259
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Droid
    #14
    Sad thing is that anyone over 2gb is considered part of the 5% group and will be throttled.
  5. Droid Sensei
    OneTenderRebel's Avatar
    Member #
    53261
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hampton Falls, NH
    Posts
    3,334
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by donnyb View Post
    Sad thing is that anyone over 2gb is considered part of the 5% group and will be throttled.
    That is 100% nonfactual and you have absolutely nothing to back that statement up.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

    Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  6. Junior Droid
    Koroz's Avatar
    Member #
    90036
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Nexus S 4g
    #16
    It is amazing to me that in the US we are behind most every other developed country in terms of internet access and yet here people are applauding not the advancement of our systems and networks, but instead the corporate bully who is allowed to instead increase their availability will now begin to limit people who bought a package that wasn't really what they bought.

    Fine, you want to throttle heavy data usage? Then you need to lower their payment per month. People paid for unlimited, unlimited doesn't mean capped in the world I grew up in, but that's why I canceled VZW and moved to sprint. Am I happy with sprint network? No. But I speak with my wallet and ill be damned if I turn into a corporate shill who just agrees with wrong business practice because it doesn't affect "me".
    matthew4295 and thistle like this.
  7. Master Droid
    matthew4295's Avatar
    Member #
    35377
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    262
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (CLASSIC)
    #17
    I am probably one of those who "abuse" my data plan and tbh, I think this is a good move on Verizon. I do use my data plan excessively (No Netflix, torrents or Xbox) but I do tether with my laptop...a lot. And I don't deserve the right to get as fast of data as someone who uses it just for Angry Birds or what ever. I might be in the top 5% and I am ok with Verizon doing this.
  8. Droid
    djkms's Avatar
    Member #
    65071
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    68
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by donnyb View Post
    Sad thing is that anyone over 2gb is considered part of the 5% group and will be throttled.
    Source of this information? Or are you just guessing based on the data tiering system?
  9. Droid Sensei
    czerdrill's Avatar
    Member #
    22335
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,850
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Koroz View Post
    It is amazing to me that in the US we are behind most every other developed country in terms of internet access and yet here people are applauding not the advancement of our systems and networks, but instead the corporate bully who is allowed to instead increase their availability will now begin to limit people who bought a package that wasn't really what they bought.

    Fine, you want to throttle heavy data usage? Then you need to lower their payment per month. People paid for unlimited, unlimited doesn't mean capped in the world I grew up in, but that's why I canceled VZW and moved to sprint. Am I happy with sprint network? No. But I speak with my wallet and ill be damned if I turn into a corporate shill who just agrees with wrong business practice because it doesn't affect "me".
    Did you sign up for unlimited data or did you sign up for throttle free data? It was never promised that the data would be a consistent speed. there are still no caps, and you still have unlimited.
    Google Interview Q&A

    Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  10. Junior Droid
    Koroz's Avatar
    Member #
    90036
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Nexus S 4g
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew4295 View Post
    I am probably one of those who "abuse" my data plan and tbh, I think this is a good move on Verizon. I do use my data plan excessively (No Netflix, torrents or Xbox) but I do tether with my laptop...a lot. And I don't deserve the right to get as fast of data as someone who uses it just for Angry Birds or what ever. I might be in the top 5% and I am ok with Verizon doing this.
    why not don't you deserve the right to get the same service others paid for, you paid the same rate and you paid for an unlimited data package, how is your choice to use that data package "worse" then someone elses choice to not?
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 117
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 04:32 AM
  2. Verizon unlimited data package with 4g.
    By droijo in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2011, 05:17 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2011, 09:14 PM
  4. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 07-23-2011, 03:49 PM
  5. Verizon needs unlimited texting in Unlimited data plan
    By Eddog4DROID in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2010, 02:05 PM

Search tags for this page

ako webmail

,
can i use my unlimited verizon contract with bionic
,
cool roms
,

coolrom

,
czerdrill droidforums
,

sue verizon for throttling

,
sue verizon throttling
,
verizon throttling cancel contract
,

verizon unlimited data throttle

,
verizon unlimited data throttling
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+