DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [Rumor] Nexus Prime Could be Called Samsung Galaxy Nexus with 4.65" Screen

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2060 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

[Rumor] Nexus Prime Could be Called Samsung Galaxy Nexus with 4.65" Screen

As if all the other rumors circulating about the Nexus Prime weren't enough, now we have a new one. This one seems rather "iffy" so take it with a lot of salt. Supposedly, sources have indicated that the next Nexus device will indeed be from Samsung and will be the GT-I9250, but that the name for this device will actually be the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

According to the report, this will be the first Google Ice Cream Sandwich device, and will have a 4.65" screen. Additionally, the phone will reportedly have a metal shell, instead of plastic, and an approximate 324.6 pixel density. Finally, the source also indicated that an October release announcement would be coming fairly quickly.

What is rather telling about this latest rumor that makes it "less than credible" are a couple of things. First, the name sounds fishy... like something a Samsung "fan-boy" made up. Second, the idea that Samsung would use a metal casing on their flagship phone is highly unusual. This would be a substantial break from the norm, as almost all of their high end devices have been plastic to keep them light.

What do you guys think?

Source: PrimeForums via PhoneArena

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    I think that if they are listening to one of the major complaints about Samsung phones from "pro-moto" people (build quality and durability), one of the biggest improvements they could make would be to make their next flagship phone substantially more durable;a metal casing would definitely do that.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    It seems like they're throwing the kitchen sink into this one, so maybe they figured why not throw a metal case on it... Or did google say that their nexus phone needed to be metal this time around

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
    Droid > Droid X > Droid X2 > Galaxy Nexus
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Samsung Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusstopher View Post
    I think that if they are listening to one of the major complaints about Samsung phones from "pro-moto" people (build quality and durability), one of the biggest improvements they could make would be to make their next flagship phone substantially more durable;a metal casing would definitely do that.
    I'd love to see a Magnesium or Titanium alloy skeleton. Plastic skin it all you want but give that sucker a strong set of bones.

As far as a 4.6 inch screen ffs that's huge on a phone. Think we are getting too large for "pocket-ability" at this point no!? as far as how to handle this...... I've got a salt bolder over here... sounds like Rumor mixed with a heaping of wishful thinking to me. We'll just have to wait a little longer and see what develops.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    397 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    I dunno, I'm still loving that Samsung Note. The screen size really appeals to me. My upgrade is here in March, so I hope it comes out before then, but the price comes down by then too.
    -------------------------------
    HTC One M8
    -------------------------------
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Nexus/Liquid/Imo
    Agreed that a metal shell would be very attractive to me. One of the big disappointments on the Bionic was the flimsy back cover. I've waited for the Bionic since last November. My X can hold me over until I get more details on the Prime. One or the other will likely be my next phone.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Cant wait for more to develop on this phone. I want a bigger, higher res display!!
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    ^^ Yea, we have modded X's that are pretty darn fast! It's not as hard for us to wait as lets say someone with a dying D1.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I agree in that they need to make these phones more durable. Personally I don't think a phone being extra light is an automatic plus. I don't mind a little extra weight as long as I feel like if I drop it, it won't shatter into a tiny little pieces. We all remember when we were kids with out little plastic toys; one wrong bend or twist and things would snap off like it was nothing.

As for the screen size, what can I say? Soon they'll be advertising carrying cases for phones among the many accessories, or like I jokingly mentioned with the Galaxy Note, a fanny pack.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Really hope that 4.65" screen is wrong. I'm trying to hold out for this but with rumors of a tablet phone circulating the Bionic is starting to look pretty nice.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links