DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Droid Bionic Benchmarks with Pics and Video

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuktanuk View Post
    I will no longer read or reply to this Forum post.
    FACT!! You are incorrect!!

CES: Motorola unleashes 4G Droid Bionic - CES 2011 CNET Blogsour arguments are now invalid!

Also, 9 months ago today was December 7th, 2010... CES was January 6 to January 9... if you are going to argue a point, argue it with correct numbers.
    Arkbird and Edi like this.
  2. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    1036 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    But, if we do argue anymore, we'll just close this.
  3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Twitter
    droid1967
    Phone
    Droid 1/ G2x/Nexus
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    But, if we do argue anymore, we'll just close this.
    oh man why stop it it was entertaining

actually just popped in to say. the thing i gleam out of these benchmarks that i don't see anyone mentioning.

how many times has everyone heard but it has DDR2.
    these benchmarks if im reading them correctly show that the ram is nothing special and actually slower than some other models. am i looking at this wrong or is the ddr2 not really an advantage as it has been mentioned to be over and over.
    bionic has a locked bootloader so at this time that is all i need to know regrading it but this ddr2 thing seems to be making it around alot as a big advantage over non ddr2. so what am i missing.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    SGN LTE, OG DROID
    lol you both are wrong.... ;-p

The "original" Bionic did come out, but they rebranded it DX2... and then in the middle of it, it came out as the D3, to tell us what the Bionic will perform like....

And now that its here, yeah, Bionic is a cool phone.... but not my $299 cool. Especially since I am able to get a D3 from local Fry's at $89, and 2 weeks ago, my bro got the DX2 for free, those where on sale, but, they seem to repeat their sales quite a bit over and overthat I've seen the last 2 months.

When the price drops, I'll get the Bionic then, its a cool phone... just not something I feel is $299 worth... But, looking out for prime, but really, if I find a good deal on the Bionic, then Bionic it'll be then :-)

I know benchies are not everything, but since I am all for rooting, and is bootloader is locked, not going to shell $299 for it, and I do want the hardware to reflect the cost.... and I myself don't care bout its fuggly blur ;-P

BTW, my own customized stock deblured-debloated-with minimum trash APK's DX2 from my bro, scores in average 2800-2950s Quadrant, bout 5050 antutu. And it was a free upgrade ;-p
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    pfffft! Why bother now!? It's already pretty far down the list. Guess 9 months was the Technological killer for this phone. I WAS waiting for this but, I'm not spending $300 on a phone that is "old" technology. I'm going to wait on the Prime now. Prime will have ICS and it's even more powerful that the GSII so why should anyone want the Bionic at this point!?
    Cuz they want it? Right now?

Call me crazy...but sometimes....its that simple....
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Why do some ppl act like if you dont feel the same way as them....somethings wrong with you?

Think about the ppl that didnt even know the Bionic was coming out. To them this will be the best phone in the world. Did we have this argument last year when the Droid X1 and the Fascinate came out? Even with the specs of the Fascinate....the Droid X1 was more popular.

So at the end of the day....does it really matter what phone a person likes or wants or gets? Lets not forget on of Android's pros is choice.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    ellectronico
    Phone
    Note 2
    My Droid 3 gets over 5k on the Antutu amd i havent disabled any bloatware yet
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    While I know we love to find out early leaked info here on the forums, it seems like leaking any info about a phone that is more than a month away from release is one of the worst things a phone manufacture can do. For one, it has the possibility of stopping some people from buying other phones for a long amount of time (see: people who have been sitting on their upgrade for 6 months+ for the bionic). Also, it gets consumers extremely excited, but then quickly anxious and impatient. If you show your cards too early, suddenly it is "old tech" that you are releasing because you talked about it 6 months ago at a conference even though no one else has brought anything similar to the market. It is such a slippery slope for the manufactures that we play on with these games of early information and speculation.
    sb1831 and jroc like this.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusstopher View Post
    While I know we love to find out early leaked info here on the forums, it seems like leaking any info about a phone that is more than a month away from release is one of the worst things a phone manufacture can do. For one, it has the possibility of stopping some people from buying other phones for a long amount of time (see: people who have been sitting on their upgrade for 6 months+ for the bionic). Also, it gets consumers extremely excited, but then quickly anxious and impatient. If you show your cards too early, suddenly it is "old tech" that you are releasing because you talked about it 6 months ago at a conference even though no one else has brought anything similar to the market. It is such a slippery slope for the manufactures that we play on with these games of early information and speculation.
    A large majority of the younger generation in America has a sense of entitlement and the "I want what I want when I want it, and if I don't get it i'll throw a tantrum." Especially in the tech sector. Of course that will offend some here but I don't care because it's true.

With that being said, the general public isn't nearly as upset that this phone hasn't dropped as the online community is. A lot of people still don't shop online, or places like amazon and wirefly for cellphones. With people being close to their upgrade dates (those that adopted the D1) getting emails about early upgrades lots of people will be going into the stores in the coming weeks to see if anything fits their tastes. With the Bionic out, and everyone speculating about an impending iPhone launch Moto has still placed themselves in the best possible position to compete with regards to the general population. No common man is going to wait for the Vigor or Nexus Prime(not that either of them have a solid launch date anyway) if they go in looking to upgrade.

I DO think that Manufacturers are going to have to chose to go the way of Apple with regards to marketing though. One or two big releases a year are all the general population has an attention span for.
    jroc and Trusstopher like this.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Too many people just had an orgasmic experience with this phone. Don't know why, but I guess some things are pretty boring in Server Central.
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links