Verizon just recently posted a support page for the Gingerbread update for the Droid 2; OTA must be coming soon. The page gives us an idea of what update, 4.5.601.A955.Verizon.en.US, has in stores for us. Along with bug fixes, Motorola packed in some improvements, upgraded Android, all wrapped up in a new interface.
Here is the full change log:
- New Download Manager App
- Under Manage Applications, a new “Running” tab displays a list of active applications, as well as the storage and memory being used by each.
- Multi-Touch Key-Chording
- Improved Word Selection and Copy Functionality:
- New User Interface and Color Scheme:
- New widgets, icons and screens with refreshed colors.
- Three swappable icons and the App Launcher icon are fixed to the dock at the bottom of all home screen panels for easy and instant access.
- New App Menu allows creation of custom app groups
- Added Device and SD Card encryption.
- VPN enhancements integrate IPSec VPN clients into device security settings
All these changes are sure to sit very well with Droid 2 users.