DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola Droid Maintenance Release Prelude to Android 2.1

1. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huskur View Post
    just got done chatting online with Motorola android support on motorola.com. I was told that the release of 2.1 for the droid is still unknown. I asked if there was a tentative date and was told "no further information at this time" I then asked about flash and was told that "its unknown if the 2.1 release will contain flash". I then told the rep that "the devour will have a lite version of flash when it debuts and i would certainly think that the trademark android phone (the droid) should have it". The rep then tells me it will not have flash on the devour so i called him out on it and told him to check his own website (motorola.com) and see. It indeed says a lesser phone (the devour) will have the lite version. Then.........(pause) "you have been disconnected from chat.support.motorola"

Pisses me off. I have been waiting for the 2.1 long enough.

Screw it....i will root and enjoy the fun. Made my decision on doing so easy.
    lol I did same thing yesterday but alls I got was, "We know all customers are eager for the release but as of this time no release date has been set"

And their facebook page, the last message posted by motorola was in Jan saying that 2.1 will be rolled out later that week.

Rich
  2. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Premium Member
    Sorry was from arly Feb.. this is from the facevook page:

Motorola Hi all-- we know you are frustrated with the lack of details regarding Android software upgrades and we sincerely apologize for not being able to share info sooner. We're happy to relay the 2.1 upgrade to DROID will start to roll out this week, and we will have more information to share on other device upgrades later ...this week as well. Thanks for your patience and continued support.

See More
    I know this is old news but relevent to discussion..I think.. now I forget oh well

Rich
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    rkwilson07
    Phone
    Droid Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by FSRBIKER View Post
    Just my guess but could Motorola have MotoBlur ready for Android 2.1 and they are waiting for the Devour to be for sale first and then send us the update? Wouldn't everyone be pissed if the Devour was announced with 2.1 and MotoBlur and we don't even get 2.1? Personally I want 2.1 and MotoBlur, the syncing feature with your PC is very cool and the Facebook App is at least a useful one compared to the one we have on the Droid now.
    Motorola already has an android app that syncs your phone with your PC. It is called "PhonePortal.apk" I saw it at alldroid's website.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Charge SCH-I510
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Sorry was from arly Feb.. this is from the facevook page:

Motorola Hi all-- we know you are frustrated with the lack of details regarding Android software upgrades and we sincerely apologize for not being able to share info sooner. We're happy to relay the 2.1 upgrade to DROID will start to roll out this week, and we will have more information to share on other device upgrades later ...this week as well. Thanks for your patience and continued support.

See More
    I know this is old news but relevent to discussion..I think.. now I forget oh well

Rich
    Didn't they just post this past Monday about "MotoMonday" asking users to post their MotoPics? And all the other posts in between? You DO know there are filters to show JUST Motorola, JUST Moto's fans, and by default it's on Both.
    Motorola Droid A855
    February 2010 - September 30, 2011 (600+ days!)
    Android 2.0.1 Eclair (Rooted, Bugless Beast)
    Samsung Charge SCH-I510
    September 30, 2011 --
    Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread (P3Droid Leak)

5. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Premium Member
    Yep I know, thats how I found that one again ..
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Actually the latest Motorola update on their facebook states:
    Motorola Thanks to all your patience; the CLIQ’s Android 1.3.18 update has been released and is rolling out in stages. If you would like details on the update or have any questions, please visit this site for the release notes and a link to our support site: http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/US-EN/Mobile%20Phones/MB...
    So no, not the Droid update, but oh look, another device gets an update.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Patience is a virtue. From what I can tell Motorolla is swamped with all their new gadgets and its essential for a company of their standards to cover all aspects of software upgrade. I'm sure it's not that they don't want to give us the upgrade, like some greedy old Scrooge. But, it's probably that they're taking all the precautionary steps by dotting all the I's and crossing all the T's. We would'nt want another Toyota recall crises in our hands, would we? That would be worse, if got a half ass update. Just my two cents.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jesus View Post
    Patience is a virtue. From what I can tell Motorolla is swamped with all their new gadgets and its essential for a company of their standards to cover all aspects of software upgrade. I'm sure it's not that they don't want to give us the upgrade, like some greedy old Scrooge. But, it's probably that they're taking all the precautionary steps by dotting all the I's and crossing all the T's. We would'nt want another Toyota recall crises in our hands, would we? That would be worse, if got a half ass update. Just my two cents.
    And this is where the problem is....the Droid is suppose to be the best of the best and a company should focus on keeping it up-to-date. They keep throwing products at us and don't SEEM to be focusing their best product. 2.1 has been out for over a month....that gave Motorola a ton of time to tweek and perfect it. Instead they seemed to have moved on aalready. Don't get me wrong, I understand bussiness and the more products offered the more costumers you may attract. My problem is motorola isn't giving us a tentative date a month after they said it would be out "soon." Yet their pushing more and more devices out with THEIR latest and greatest features.....
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    There are like 1 or 2 hundred Droid owners that are following and obsessing over the 2.1 release. Out of the rest of the Droid owners, there is probably 0.5% that are even aware that there phone has an OS on it that is getting an upgrade.

This is not the tragedy some people think it is - well, it is not a tragedy outside of the 200 seemingly dying for the update. ;D
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motrola Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa View Post
    There are like 1 or 2 hundred Droid owners that are following and obsessing over the 2.1 release. Out of the rest of the Droid owners, there is probably 0.5% that are even aware that there phone has an OS on it that is getting an upgrade.

This is not the tragedy some people think it is - well, it is not a tragedy outside of the 200 seemingly dying for the update. ;D
    Now that post deserves
Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Links