DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola Droid Maintenance Release Prelude to Android 2.1

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by JLB09 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JLB09 View Post

and you know this how ... when no one else on any other forum is stating this?
    HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Android 2.1 Pre-Update thread for Motorola Droid
    Bill23 and ryzr are for real - and they've been around for years.
    Interesting forum ... I do not exactly see anything specific about when the 2.1 will be released but I appreciate the link.
    No, nothing specific about the date - even they don't know.
    I didn't say anything specific about the date, aside from that it keeps getting pushed back and hopefully it will be soon.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I hate not being able to edit posts

I just wanted to add this:
    ... and HoFo has pretty much been the number 1 cell phone forums for a while. An invaluable site for the community, for sure.

It isn't number one for smartphones - that info is more spread out. But it is still a good source of information (and rumors).
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by dlwhtrose View Post
    I seriously doubt we are getting the 2.1 update. Here is why I say that....... I have read on several different sites (no I cannot remember which ones) that the DROID II is due out at the end of summer. It appears that Moto and Verizon have turned their attentions to a newer and greater phone and basically those of us with the original DROID are going to be left in the dust. So if you want 2.1 so bad, you are going to have to root and get it that way. Me personally, my luck runs with Murphy's Law so I know that if I try to root my phone I will brick it. So I will stick with what I have and be happy.
    I think we will see 2.1 before too much longer. I agree, the root option is not for me either.
  4. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    I seriously doubt we are getting the 2.1 update. Here is why I say that....... I have read on several different sites (no I cannot remember which ones) that the DROID II is due out at the end of summer. It appears that Moto and Verizon have turned their attentions to a newer and greater phone and basically those of us with the original DROID are going to be left in the dust. So if you want 2.1 so bad, you are going to have to root and get it that way. Me personally, my luck runs with Murphy's Law so I know that if I try to root my phone I will brick it. So I will stick with what I have and be happy.
    Thats bologna, if this was true, it would have been leaked to far greater extenses and we would have heard about it before now. If you remember, Apple did this with Iphone when they released the 2nd one very shortly after the first and the backlash was such that they gave discounts to anyone who owned the first one. Not that that was the best way to go about it, but I cant see motorola repeating apples mistake.

Rich
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Thats bologna, if this was true, it would have been leaked to far greater extenses and we would have heard about it before now. If you remember, Apple did this with Iphone when they released the 2nd one very shortly after the first and the backlash was such that they gave discounts to anyone who owned the first one. Not that that was the best way to go about it, but I cant see motorola repeating apples mistake.

Rich
    i agree. i don't think the droid 2 will come out any time soon AT ALL. the droid 1 is fine and selling strong. phones are only quickly replaced if they are selling poorly.
  6. Droid
    Member #

Rich
    Well Rich, I hope and I think you are wrong. I think the 2.1 update will be released in March.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Original Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ltfrakes View Post

Rich
    Well Rich, I hope and I think you are wrong. I think the 2.1 update will be released in March.
    I guess we only have 34 more days to wait.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    just got done chatting online with Motorola android support on motorola.com. I was told that the release of 2.1 for the droid is still unknown. I asked if there was a tentative date and was told "no further information at this time" I then asked about flash and was told that "its unknown if the 2.1 release will contain flash". I then told the rep that "the devour will have a lite version of flash when it debuts and i would certainly think that the trademark android phone (the droid) should have it". The rep then tells me it will not have flash on the devour so i called him out on it and told him to check his own website (motorola.com) and see. It indeed says a lesser phone (the devour) will have the lite version. Then.........(pause) "you have been disconnected from chat.support.motorola"

Pisses me off. I have been waiting for the 2.1 long enough.

Screw it....i will root and enjoy the fun. Made my decision on doing so easy.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    So basically Customer Service "hung up" on you when you asked about an uncomfortable topic.

Nice. Real nice.
  10. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ltfrakes View Post

Rich

Im not the one who said it wouldnt :/

Rich
Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Links