DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dutch Court Rules Against Samsung; Blocks Galaxy S, S2 & Ace in EU; Samsung Undaunted

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Wait. And sorry for the triple post. I just read something from a link in the comment sections of phandroid's article that got me thinking. The picture both shown above and in the court documents here:

http://ieforum.nl/backoffice/uploads/file/IE-Forum%20Rechtbank%20's-Gravenhage%2024%20augustus%202011%20(bij%20vervroe ging),%20KG%20ZA%2011-730,%20KG%20ZA%2011-731%20(Apple%20tegen%20Samsung).pdf

shows a swipe that is too short, and thus the picture "bounces" back instead of moving to the next one in the gallery. If that's what they've patented, then that is a feature of most devices. True, it would be a relatively simple software fix, but again I question why Apple has not used this sooner...
  2. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Apple is getting desparate. That's why they are doing this now. And true, if they have the patent, they do have every right to file a suit but it's petty because they could have done this a long time ago. I bet Samsung probably brought that up in court in their defense.
  3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Centura
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftLegend View Post
    I really think Apple is pathetic. How are you suing someone for a swipe gesture? Don't you think that is kind of small? I mean come on, it's not like that is really a deciding factor on what phone to get. Seems to me like Apple patented all the little irrelevant things just to cover their asses so no one else could compete with their phone.
    Duh. It's called getting rid of your competition. Business is business.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkbird View Post
    Apple is getting desparate. That's why they are doing this now. And true, if they have the patent, they do have every right to file a suit but it's petty because they could have done this a long time ago. I bet Samsung probably brought that up in court in their defense.
    I don't buy the desperation thing, they are the wealthiest brand on earth, just reported their highest quarter ever financially and their Mac sales jumped up 26% with the introduction of new hardware. I think they just view this as protecting their patents. Yes it stinks for the consumer to keep reading about the lawsuits but patent wars are nothing new and will last till the end of time.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus 32GB
    I think htc should take action. Shut down all of apple's macs since iirc, they do have a patent capable of that. Otherwise, it's only time before they patent something like having a lock/power button. By that point, I'll personally raid their headquarters myself.

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G
  6. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Just because they are desperate doesn't mean they aren't doing well. I don't think they want to let their competition get anywhere near the level of sales they are getting. But it doesn't really matter with this one since they didn't really win.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    It almost seems like apple doesn't care if the lawsuits fail or about stopping the products all together, just during the Christmas rush, and more specifically Black Friday... one week of less competition, especially during the 4th quarter, would be huge for apple
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    VZW Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTenderRebel View Post
    yes the lawsuits suck but someone was stupid enough to award them patents for things that shouldn't have been awarded for. I mean technically Apple doesn't have to sue for it but they have every right to if they own the patents for these things. The problem lays with the system not Apple.
    Of course they have the right, but it is still pretty dumb to sue for something so small. That's like them suing all manufactures that have a power button on a device, because they thought of it first. IBM could sue Apple for including a touchscreen in their phone, since they are the first to come up with it. (IBM Simon) If you wanna be specific, then LG could sue them for including a capacitive touch screen in their phone. To me it seems pretty trivial. If Apple wanted to be so original, they should've made a way for us to communicate with each other, surf the web, without using a phone at all...
    One thing 127 Hours has taught me; Never forget the Swiss Army Knife, leave the "Cheap Made in China multi-tool" home.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    VZW Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanBounca View Post
    Duh. It's called getting rid of your competition. Business is business.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    No, there's a difference between suing for petty reasons and getting rid of your competition. That's dumb to say. Best way to get rid of competition is to make something better than your competition. You don't see Motorola suing Samsung for using blah blah blah. That's like saying it is ok for one football team to break the legs of members on the other team's legs to get rid of the competition. That's called bad sportsmanship, and that seems to be Apple's motto.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakushiki View Post
    Otherwise, it's only time before they patent something like having a lock/power button. By that point, I'll personally raid their headquarters myself.

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G
    We must've been on the same wavelength, because I was just thinking that.
    One thing 127 Hours has taught me; Never forget the Swiss Army Knife, leave the "Cheap Made in China multi-tool" home.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    You guys are thinking about this the wrong way. If someone is stupid enough to give someone a patent for a lock/power button than that company SHOULD sue everyone and their mother who tries to use their patent. That's just being smart. Very dumb to award the patent, very smart for getting the patent. What's the famous saying, hate the game not the player, haha
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links