DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Droid Bionic Boot-up Video & SpeedTest

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    I bet if the Bionic was clocked at 1.2GHz like the GS2 is, it would have little to no lag.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Seems pretty laggy, although it may just be cuz it was just started up...I still want this phone, but my interest is waning with each passing day haha
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    [rant] I think I will be just glad when this phone comes out just so I don't have to see headlines about it anymore hehe. Nothing against the device, it could actually be my next device. But after 8 months or so of headlines I am ready to not see *Bionic pictured in Bed Bath and Beyond, photos taken by a VGA camera from far away fully zoomed in* headlines for a while. [/rant]
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by cupfulloflol View Post
    [rant] I think I will be just glad when this phone comes out just so I don't have to see headlines about it anymore hehe. Nothing against the device, it could actually be my next device. But after 8 months or so of headlines I am ready to not see *Bionic pictured in Bed Bath and Beyond, photos taken by a VGA camera from far away fully zoomed in* headlines for a while. [/rant]
    hahahahaha...+1

I'm so bored with blurry, weird-angled "leaked" pictures and rumored specs, I don't know what to do. Every day I come to this forum and there's no good new news and I can do little more than just yaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwn.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Seriously? Speed test? I would kill for a quadrant standard or linpack test. Just to see where it stands

Sent from my Charge using DroidForums
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    mikesimcic
    Phone
    I'm THUNDERSTRUCK baby !
    Not for nothing but for a bunch of tech savvy geeks I can't believe noone caught the mathematical error on page 1 . He claims if the boot time is all the way up to a minute and it happens twice a month that would be what , like 12 times a year ? Found it funny that that has slipped for 3 pages . . . Lol . But seriously who cares how long it takes , most people do their original boot up and aside from dead battery or tinkering with the os how many times will you really worry about it ? I need the damn phone to just be released (bug free) so I can get out from underneath this damn backup phone (devour) since I sold the battery killer otherwise known as a top 5 piece of technology to avoid Thunderbolt . Bring me some Bionic love already ! ! !

Sent from my Devour using DroidForums
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    Or we noticed but didn't see a point in flaming him because the number's aren't what was important, the point was. Saving 6, 12, 24, or even 60 minutes over the course of a year is rather insignificant. It's the difference of savings of 0.00114% or 0.00095% over the course of a year... do you think that is significant enough to call out someone for a mistake?
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    Haha, realized I shifted my decimal one too many.... 0.0114% (Saving an hour) or 0.0095% (saving 24 minutes) over the course of a year, still rather minuscule if you ask me
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    mikesimcic
    Phone
    I'm THUNDERSTRUCK baby !
    just being a ball-buster , no flame out intended , I just notice little things like that . The point was he is spot on . As long as it's not like a 5 minute bout , then who cares . I would hope nobody in their right mind would say "I'm not buying the Bionic cause it takes 12 seconds longer to boot than the SG ok" . That would simply be ridiculous reasoning , am I wrong ?
    Sent from my Devour using DroidForums
    Arkbird likes this.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusstopher View Post
    Or we noticed but didn't see a point in flaming him because the number's aren't what was important, the point was. Saving 6, 12, 24, or even 60 minutes over the course of a year is rather insignificant. It's the difference of savings of 0.00114% or 0.00095% over the course of a year... do you think that is significant enough to call out someone for a mistake?
    And the point in stating that the S2 boots faster is to say that the S2 is just a faster phone, overall. It's not so much about the boot time specifically as it is about the fact that the S2 is just a snappier phone. No one cares about saving 60 minutes over the course of a year, including myself (and a faster boot time is not a huge deal, but it is a nice convenience).

Of course, the speed comparison is not 100% fair because it is based on the few videos we've seen of the Bionic. We'll really know whether or not the S2 is faster once the Bionic actually comes out but I'm willing to bet a large sum of money that the S2 (assuming it isn't different from the European version) is going to be the faster of the two phones (except where LTE is a factor, of course). Of every S2 video I've watched, that thing is blazing. Can't say the same for the Bionic. The Bionic looks fast but not S2 fast. And this is fine for most users' needs (including myself) just as long as lag and redraw don't get worse with time.

However, all that being said, I prefer the Bionic over the S2 (slightly) because of LTE.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links