It looks as if Sony Ericsson is finally using the Walkman branding with their Android smartphones. They just unveiled their new "Live with Walkman" social network and music focused Android smartphone, and it's actually a very aesthetically pleasing device. The device has some decent mid-range specs, but it also sports a few additional features that give it a unique focus:
- Google’s Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 1GHz processor.
- 3.2-inch touchscreen display
- 5-megapixel camera
- xLOUD audio and Walkman music experience
- Integration with various social networks
- Unique Facebook™ integration enables instant music and media sharing
- Content services from Sony provide access to the latest music and video titles
- And More...
This is a pretty fascinating device, and it's rather surprising that Sony didn't make this move much sooner. Their Walkman branding seems to go hand-in-hand with an enhanced smartphone, and it will be interesting to see if it lives up to the hype. You can check out the full press release here.