DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Man Roots 6-Foot Tall Nexus S At Best Buy

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusstopher View Post
    This makes me fear that BB will start running an app (on phones they actually leave on) similar to the d*mn demo program they put on their computer and laptops. For awhile I was able to actually work my way out of those, but last time I was in their, the demo was setup such that you couldn't leave it and get into the OS at all.
    This reminds me from back in the day when electronics stores didnt run those locked demo programs on the display computers. And we would go around formatting the hard drives on them. Or take in a disc and load up some not to nice wallpapers, set it as the screensaver and set a password to unlock it.

Ahhhhh, to be young and mischievous.
  2. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvado View Post
    How will that stop ppl from buying a phone? Its not like they're going to sell them the display

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!
    So someone that knows nothing about rooting goes into a store and picks up let’s say a Nexus S to try for the first time. The phone gives them force closes and just does not run right because someone thought it was funny to root it and load something that messed it up.

Then they pick up a non rooted phone where everything works the way it should which one do you think they would you pick.

Hmm, which phone to buy, the one that does not seam to work right or the one that does. First impressions mean a lot.

This could be the difference between someone getting an Android or Apple.
    Last edited by bp328i; 08-18-2011 at 02:17 PM.
    Twisted Inception
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by bp328i View Post
    So someone that knows nothing about rooting goes into a store and picks up let’s say a Nexus S to try for the first time. The phone gives them force closes and just does not run right because someone thought it was funny to root it and load something that messed it up.

Then they pick up a non rooted phone where everything works the way it should which one do you think they would you pick.

Hmm, which phone to buy, the one that does not seam to work right or the one that does. First impressions mean a lot.
    Very true. I rooted my old phone And played with the boot animation and now it takes forever to boot up. That Guy should have to pay for that device cuz that's almost like vandalism cuz its damaging property to the store. Stupid people I tell you!

Sent from my SCH-I400 using DroidForums
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  4. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    DroidForums.net Developer
    I actually think its funny. My device has been rooted for a long time and i never had any root related issues. And besides that, if someone wants to damage a store's display's phone all they have to do is download some malware into it which has nothing to do with root.
  5. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bosshog85 View Post
    Very true. I rooted my old phone And played with the boot animation and now it takes forever to boot up. That Guy should have to pay for that device cuz that's almost like vandalism cuz its damaging property to the store. Stupid people I tell you!

Its not actually damaging it. IMO

6. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bp328i View Post

This could be the difference between someone getting an Android or Apple.
    I would use common sense. I mean come one, most ppl know the display models are accesible by everyone so its obvious to think they won't be the same as if you get one out of the box

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by bosshog85 View Post

blaming your boot animation tinkering on root is the equivalent of jerking around under the hood of your car, then complaining that it doesnt run very well. An educated person delving into the world of android root would have means to correct such a problem i.e. reflash, wipe, new boot anim install etc. Its not like vandalism, its doing something the nexus line has been well known for, being open and customizable the true android way.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyFirefighter View Post
    blaming your boot animation tinkering on root is the equivalent of jerking around under the hood of your car, then complaining that it doesnt run very well. An educated person delving into the world of android root would have means to correct such a problem i.e. reflash, wipe, new boot anim install etc. Its not like vandalism, its doing something the nexus line has been well known for, being open and customizable the true android way.
    It was not his property, so therefore, it was vandalism.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by ftajeffrey View Post
    It was not his property, so therefore, it was vandalism.
    he didnt "damage" it in anyway. He didnt take a sledge hammer to it. There is no evidence nor argument to make that gaining superuser access to an electronic device is vandalism. Especially when the manufacturer of said device decides not to use any type of preventative measure in allowing a user to do so.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyFirefighter View Post
    he didnt "damage" it in anyway. He didnt take a sledge hammer to it. There is no evidence nor argument to make that gaining superuser access to an electronic device is vandalism. Especially when the manufacturer of said device decides not to use any type of preventative measure in allowing a user to do so.
    If I let friend check out my phone and they/he/she rooted it without permission, I would call that vandalism. Just because you can doesn't mean you should, If it's his property, entirely different story.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links