DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: HTC Returns Fire at Apple: HTC Suing Apple for Patent Infringement

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    HTC is doing what any company would do...i think we need to stop humanizing these companies and thinking they have compassion and care about the consumer and all that. Companies sue. It's what they do. That's how it's always been. HTC is not some good "guy" who is fighting to survive. They're going to be wasting just as money as Apple by suing them right back. It's not a "we have to do this to survive" scenario. It's a "they did it to us, so we're doing it to them" scenario. Both sides want the other to fail. I just dont get why Google and HTC have chosen to play the victim in this case when it's evident that they infringed as well...
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    That's the thing, I don't think you can make a tech product anymore without "technically" infringing on someone's patent. At some point some high court somewhere in the realm of this universe needs to see this and change some rules. But until then you can't blame or fault any of these companies for taking advantage of rules in place, no matter how much we can't stand the process.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post
    HTC is doing what any company would do...i think we need to stop humanizing these companies and thinking they have compassion and care about the consumer and all that. Companies sue. It's what they do. That's how it's always been. HTC is not some good "guy" who is fighting to survive. They're going to be wasting just as money as Apple by suing them right back. It's not a "we have to do this to survive" scenario. It's a "they did it to us, so we're doing it to them" scenario. Both sides want the other to fail. I just dont get why Google and HTC have chosen to play the victim in this case when it's evident that they infringed as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTenderRebel View Post
    That's the thing, I don't think you can make a tech product anymore without "technically" infringing on someone's patent. At some point some high court somewhere in the realm of this universe needs to see this and change some rules. But until then you can't blame or fault any of these companies for taking advantage of rules in place, no matter how much we can't stand the process.
    These summarize the situation quite well.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTenderRebel View Post
    Right and on the flip side, you can't knowingly steal IP because you don't agree with the system, and then expect not to get sued or go around saying you're being bullied when someone does something about it.
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I see it like this.

If you were getting beat up by a bigger kid with a stick each and every day. Wouldn't you one day, when you realize you were next to a stick, actually grab one and use it back?

HTC got the S3 patents as that stick the little kid found to defend against the bigger kid's stick (Apple). Without that S3 stick, HTC would still be getting wailed on.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I prefer lightsabers.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by nikecar View Post
    I see it like this.

If you were getting beat up by a bigger kid with a stick each and every day. Wouldn't you one day, when you realize you were next to a stick, actually grab one and use it back?

HTC got the S3 patents as that stick the little kid found to defend against the bigger kid's stick (Apple). Without that S3 stick, HTC would still be getting wailed on.
    What actually happened is the little kid stole the big kids stuff, the big kid did something about it and now the little kid is seeking revenge, all the while making sure everyone knows that he's "the little kid" in a ploy to get sympathy (and it's clearly working)
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Incredible 2
    Who cares about who did what. All this does is drive up the cost of the end product. We are the ones getting the shaft!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    Who cares about who did what. All this does is drive up the cost of the end product. We are the ones getting the shaft!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab
    That's the point. It turns into a silly blame game, which makes no sense. Somehow google is better because they infringed rather then sue?
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Plus what is there to debate if none of us cared? You know that famous saying "a debate a day, keep the Dr away"..............wait or was that an apple? (no pun intended)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links