DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Rumor] Google's First Ice Cream Sandwich Devices May Come as Early as October

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Diab210 View Post
    A stock ice cream sandwich device would be fantastic but we haven't seen a stock anything on verizon since the original droid right? And who knows if they'll ever carry some version of the google nexus phone line (as much as I'd love it if they did).
    I feel you on that. I doubt they will carry a stock android device. If they don't I'm going to sprint who definitely will

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    D3 Mav 4.0
    Unless I'm mistaken, ICS is designed to encompass its predecessors in order to solve these problems and allow some measure of uniformity. As far as which phone will receive it ota, that remains to be seen. But i think we can all agree moving forward this has the potential to fix a a lot of the issues we've experienced.

Sent from my DROID3
    Long live the "D"

D3-Maverick 4.0 witta hotspot hack!
    XOOM-Black ICE
    D2G-Liquid- retired
    D1-Project Elite-retired
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    And we can all agree there is no way in hell Verizon will be the first carrier to get an ICS phone
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamPA1006 View Post
    And we can all agree there is no way in hell Verizon will be the first carrier to get an ICS phone
    That's not necessarily true. The next Nexus should be the first ICS phone (assuming Google sticks to the same plan as for the first two Nexus phones), and the rumors about the Nexus Prime were that it would have LTE. If that turns out to be true, then Verizon is really the only option because no other carrier will have a sufficient LTE network to justify having an LTE phone on their lineup.
    Current Phone:

[ParanoidAndroid]
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Previous Phones:
    Galaxy Nexus (CDMA/LTE) [ParanoidAndroid]
    Droid 1 [MIUI.us]
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    HTC Trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt6996 View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, ICS is designed to encompass its predecessors in order to solve these problems and allow some measure of uniformity. As far as which phone will receive it ota, that remains to be seen. But i think we can all agree moving forward this has the potential to fix a a lot of the issues we've experienced.

Sent from my DROID3

I hope you're right. I might switch back to android if ics fixes some of the issues I have with adroid.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamPA1006 View Post
    VZW will be the first right after, Sprint, AT&T, T-Moble, US Cellular, Virgin, and probably a few more. But right after that, they'll be first
    Deep Thought #1
    How does Verizon sell phones at their own stores? Any phone they sell, can be found for 50% to 75% less on Amazon, or at Best Buy. Does Verizon operate their stores on a "there is a sucker born every minute" business model?
    Deep Thought #2
    Is Verizon's customer service philosophy: frustrate, aggravate, and exasperate, these annoying interruptions to our day, will eventually go away?
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Gal S2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diab210 View Post
    A stock ice cream sandwich device would be fantastic but we haven't seen a stock anything on verizon since the original droid right? And who knows if they'll ever carry some version of the google nexus phone line (as much as I'd love it if they did).
    You are right Diab! I haven't seen stock anything from Verizon. My understanding is that they won't allow stock anything through their doors anymore.

I just saw some interviews on the Motorola web site, that have really poisoned the Iphone for me, so I guess I'm sticking with droid and jumping to Sprint to get away from Verizon.

Maybe ICS will be available stock under Sprint?? Does anyone know??
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links