DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: [Leak] Upcoming LG Enlighten

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Twitter
    WMPerson
    Phone
    T-mobile G2x
    Premium Member

[Leak] Upcoming LG Enlighten

Letís take a break from all this super-phone talk and shed some light about the mid-range sector of Verizonís Android army. The upcoming LG Enlighten is destined for those users that like to stay in the middle ground. The device will be running Android 2.3, and will be powered by a 800MHz processor, hopefully second generation Qualcomm like the G2, and an almost enchanted 3.2" HVGA display.
    When Verizon wants a mid-range phone, they really make sure itís mid-range. These specs arenít the worst, but are not that great either. Phones like this take away from the great Android experience we could all be having. Itís a yearly routine for Android to lose to iPhone in customer satisfaction, and thatís thanks to phones like this.

Via: AndroidCentral
    Last edited by dgstorm; 08-05-2011 at 09:18 AM.
    There is probable a million things about me that you don't know. Check out my About.me page
    About.me
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    I don't know why everyone is hating on this, ive read several articles basically in a grumble about how this "midrange" device. It will be like the ally. Lol, while i see it isnt the greatest of all masterpieces i think it deserves a little time in spotlight, not outed from the start. Not everyone is rich, some people go towards the budget friendly phones..... Imagine that? Ive had several friends walk around with an ally and strut in happiness. why? Because its way better than a simple phone. IMO, i think this phone doesnt look to bad, id be proud of it over my backup which is an enV 1.
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

pointless

with the low prices at amazon, makes you wonder why you need to put up with crap like this.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemoneygreen View Post
    I don't know why everyone is hating on this, ive read several articles basically in a grumble about how this "midrange" device. It will be like the ally. Lol, while i see it isnt the greatest of all masterpieces i think it deserves a little time in spotlight, not outed from the start. Not everyone is rich, some people go towards the budget friendly phones..... Imagine that? Ive had several friends walk around with an ally and strut in happiness. why? Because its way better than a simple phone. IMO, i think this phone doesnt look to bad, id be proud of it over my backup which is an enV 1.
    I know....everyone doesn't want the super duper high end phones. As long as its marketed accordingly and most folks getting one understand this...it shouldnt be a problem.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    HTC One - Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemoneygreen View Post
    Agreed. My wife is perfectly happy with her Ally that she got a year ago. She likes it better than my Droid and wanted the Ally, even though I told her she could have any phone that she wanted.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    Agreed. Not everyone wasnts a super duper phone. Price point is also important. I also know a few people happy with their EnV and refuse to part with it...still has a great keyboard.

I think we lose sight that many people just want a phone to place/receive calls (after all, it IS a phone), email, texting and light surfing.

Besides, aren't there rumors of a second choice "cheaper" IPhone coming? If so, sounds like IPhone is copying Android 's strategy.
    TH3ORY ROM/[K]IN3TX 1.0
    Launcher Pro Plus

Support Your Developers!

Links