Here it is folks. The news you have all been wanting. THE RELEASE DATE FOR THE DROID BIONIC. From this leaked verizon roadmap, we can clearly see that the Bionic will be released on September 8. I'm sure this will finally calm some people down.
[Update]: We thought we would point out some other interesting stuff in Malvado's great story, that might not have been immediately obvious at first. The Samsung Stratosphere is also showing a September 8th release date, and many folks in the industry are speculating that the Stratosphere is Verizon's version of the Samsung Galaxy SII phone. Additionally, the leaked pic above shows that the Stratosphere will be a 4G phone, so if it turns out to be the SGS2, it will make choosing between the Bionic and the SGS2 variant even harder. Incidentally, here's a complete breakdown of the roadmap from a BGR take on the article.
- September 8th: Samsung Stratosphere (presumably Verizon’s Galaxy S II) — 4G LTE, Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- September 8th: Motorola DROID BIONIC
- September 8th: BlackBerry Curve 9370 — 4G LTE
- September 8th: 4G Motorola XOOM
- September 29th: Samsung Illusion — Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- September 29th: HTC Bliss — Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- October 5th: HTC Vigor — replaces the HTC Thunderbolt
- October 20th: LG Revolution 2 — replaces the LG Revolution
- November: Galaxy Tab P8 — 4G LTE
Source: IGN and BGR