DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Droid 3 Huge Success; Sold Out Already On Verizon Online Stores

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2023 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Droid 3 Huge Success; Sold Out Already On Verizon Online Stores

Apparently, even though there are a lot of folks holding out for the Droid Bionic or the Samsung Galaxy SII, instead of getting the Droid 3 now, that hasn't dampened the success of the phone. For every tech-head that was holding out for the "juicier" phones coming out later this year, there were probably 2-3 regular consumers that just wanted to snap up a Droid 3, and they did. The phone is currently sold out on Verizon's online store, according to a Droid-Life report.

Of course, with the BOGO sale that Verizon was having, it's not surprising that the phones sold out quickly. Buying two phones for the price of one always seems like a great deal. Never-mind the fact, that both Amazon and Wirefly actually had better new individual contract deals on the phone, with $60 and $50 dollars respectively. Of course, consumers don't always know where to get the best deals out there, and the "perceived" convenience of getting it directly from Verizon, must have factored in to the huge sales.

Regardless, it's still a great phone, and deserves its success. How many of you guys didn't need/want to hold out for any of the later phones like the Bionic, and instead bought the Droid 3? Let us know what you guys think in the forums!

Source: Droid-Life

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    gmorgan056
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    No surprise about this. I think it's going to become more popular now that it's confirmed that the Bionic isn't coming out til September. I think people that don't want to wait will get this.
    Rooted OG D1 running Liquid Gingerbread 2.6, Project Elite v6.5, Droid Concepts 12 and many more!
    Chevy No.1 Low V 1.1 Ghz Kernal

A Droid Bionic evolved into a Rezound which then evolved into a Nexus! Running whatever Rom I'm feeling for the day.

Questions about rooting: http://bit.ly/droot

Sent from my Nexus in a Galaxy far, far away...
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    I was really close to getting a D3 this summer but I keep having hopes of the Bionic coming out. I would just say screw it and get the D3 but I finally rooted my D1 and am now running PE6.5 at 1 ghz and it's actually running pretty well! I think I can hold out until September now. The D3 really does seem like a great phone - the world capabilities are nice but I'm torn on the 4G thing.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    D1
    It's a very nice phone. If it weren't for the lack of 4G, I would have gotten it. Living in a 4G area is the reason I'm holding out for the Bionic, or something else.

Anyone that grabbed a D3 should be proud.

*customized tapatalk signature*
    ...but seriously, I'm just kidding.
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Twitter
    SnkBitten
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    I got mine. I live in a 4G area, I just want the 4G chipsets used on phones to mature and go through a revision or two before jumping in.

Coming from the OG Droid this phone is so much faster at rendering webpages, opening emails, etc...that 3G seems to have improved in speeds in comparison.

Great phone...
    Tom Crews
    SnkBitten - http://android.snkbitten.com/ (OG Droid)
    Motorola Droid, Droid 2, Droid 3 and Droid 4 (all + Root)
    Motorola X DevEd KK 4.4 + Root
    Google Nexus 10 KK 4.4.2 + Root

7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    I agree with others....if it wasnt for me wanting 4G I woulda been grabbed the D3. And I dont even like phones with physical keyboards anymore.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  8. LT*
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr HD
    Quote Originally Posted by tcrews View Post
    I got mine. I live in a 4G area, I just want the 4G chipsets used on phones to mature and go through a revision or two before jumping in.

Coming from the OG Droid this phone is so much faster at rendering webpages, opening emails, etc...that 3G seems to have improved in speeds in comparison.

Great phone...
    Same here. Plus I got in on the BOGO and got one for my wife to replace her D2. Not sorry I didn't wait for the Bionic. I agree on the perceived increase in 3g speeds too. The D3 is a GREAT device.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    It would be a nice option but I bet I'd be keeping the 4G turned off a lot of the time to save battery power. The 4G antenna would also make the phone somewhat bulkier. Not too excited about 4G at the moment...maybe next year when things improve, and there's always a better phone coming later.
    Do you like uninstallable bloatware?
    It takes about 5 minutes to complain and it's kinda fun. Let's not be complacent!
    Contact Verizon (anonymous w/ fake name if you like)
    Chat/Email/Call Motorola (anonymous if you like)
    Vote for Google issue requires Google login. Just "star" it to vote.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBloatware View Post
    It would be a nice option but I bet I'd be keeping the 4G turned off a lot of the time to save battery power. The 4G antenna would also make the phone somewhat bulkier. Not too excited about 4G at the moment...maybe next year when things improve, and there's always a better phone coming later.
    I wasn't that excited about 4G either until I had it. Now 3G seems like dial up.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    jestermx6
    Phone
    RZR MAXX HD, GNEX Toro, Nexus7
    Quote Originally Posted by dgstorm View Post
    Never-mind the fact, that both Amazon and Wirefly actually had better new individual contract deals on the phone, with $60 and $50 dollars respectively.
    why not mention that this deal was only for NEW VERIZON CUSTOMERS and not contract renewals.
    Cars and Phones - Always changing, always modding
    02 BMW 330i :: 97 Jeep Cherokee Sport :: 90 BMW 535i/5 :: 89 Mazda MX-6 GT :: 78 Suzuki GS550E
    HTC Mogul > OG Droid > Droid X > Droid 2 > Droid 3 > iPhone 4 > iPhone 5 > Galaxy Nexus > Razr Maxx HD -- Long journey, but I came back to the land of DROID
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links