DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Droid Bionic FCC Docs Show Pics and Manual Available Publicly Aug 7th

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2047 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Droid Bionic FCC Docs Show Pics and Manual Available Publicly Aug 7th

Here's another morsel of info regarding the "Coming Soon" Droid Bionic. Even though the FCC filing for the Motorola Droid Bionic was already reported previously, an eagle-eyed reader was pouring through the docs later on, and managed to spot something new. He found actual public release dates for the Bionic external pics and manual that were not reported earlier. These are scheduled to hit on August 7th, according to the FCC docs.

Keep in mind, it is possible that Moto could have the FCC hold those back even further if they chose to, but with all the other evidence pointing to the Bionic release being imminent, that is unlikely. This probably pegs the release date somewhere between August 4th to August 7th, which is right around when most of the rumors have suggested.

Source: Droid-Life

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Bring it on!
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr v3c
    Someone was saying that phones are always released on a Thursday. So would the manual be released before or after the phone?
    Canon 5D II, 16-35mm f/2.8L II, 50mm f/1.8 II, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS. 2007 Suzuki GSX-R1000, BST Wheels, Brembo 19RCS. Motorola Razr V3c.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I'm hoping to hear more information on the GSII within the next 2 weeks to make a more informed decision. I conveniently get to upgrade on August 4.

Reddit: TheRealBigLou
  6. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Why is this just now appearing on news sites? We figured this out over in the Bionic forums back when it passed through the FCC. Preach copied a post from someone in another forum that said there was a confidentiality agreement and it expired the 7th. That's why the initial guesses for release were around the 7th.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkbird View Post
    Why is this just now appearing on news sites? We figured this out over in the Bionic forums back when it passed through the FCC. Preach copied a post from someone in another forum that said there was a confidentiality agreement and it expired the 7th. That's why the initial guesses for release were around the 7th.

This information is more specific in that the photos can be released Aug 7th. Just another tidbit.
  8. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vito.a View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkbird View Post

This information is more specific in that the photos can be released Aug 7th. Just another tidbit.
    Oh yes I agree. I thought the phone was going to come out before the confidentiality agreement expired but not I'm not so sure. Verizon hasn't done much advertising or release any details to the general public about the Bionic.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    RAZR
    Verizon did post the new Bionic registration page. It would seem that Motorola/Verizon would make the FCC release date after their release date so they can control things. This points to Aug 4th.
  10. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vito.a View Post
    Verizon did post the new Bionic registration page. It would seem that Motorola/Verizon would make the FCC release date after their release date so they can control things. This points to Aug 4th.
    Yes but the lack of advertising worries me. I wouldn't have known about the signup page if it wasn't for it being posted on here. I can't even find it without a search on the Verizon Wireless home page.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    I was just at a VZW store talking to the guys working there. They were aware of the FCC thing but said they seriously haven't heard a single thing about the Bionic besides what everyone else knows on here. They said they heard something big is happening around the 4th/7th, but they don't know what.

As an aside, I checked out a D3. I can see what people say about the pixels on the pentile screen, but honestly it didn't bother me holding the phone at a normal distance. I was impressed by its snappiness and response to input. The keyboard is also much better than the D1. I will be considering the D3 along side the Bionic in a couple weeks if the Bionic actually comes out.

Andy
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links