What my plan will be is to see if there is an off contract price reduction after a couple of weeks. If the price off contract is dropped to $599 but the contract price remains $299, I would be willing to pay the off contract price.
Looking at a comparison on phonearena:
Compare phones: Motorola Droid Bionic Targa, Motorola DROID BIONIC, Motorola ATRIX 4G - Phone Arena
The Bionic seems just a touch better than the Atrix, which was released for AT&T back in February. But they're basically the same, except (and this is a probably a huge exception) the Bionic has the TI proc instead of the Nvidea Tegra 2. I have no idea how the two processors will compare.
I dunno. I really want this phone, but will something even better be around the corner? Will the leaked bootloader unlocker for the Atrix work on the Bionic? Will it ship with an unlockable bootloader?
I guess the deciding factor for me will be the bootloader. I'd take an unlocked bootloader over just about anything (maybe even the rumored Dinara). My D1 is still awesome because of the unlocked bootloader.
I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I won't hold my breath for the unlocked bootloader on the Bionic. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the rumor mills are saying about future super phones when the Bionic is actually released.
Thanks for the leaked web page and the heart palpitations!
Its all data.