DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] More Details on Google's Next Nexus; Maybe Named 'Nexus Prime' from Samsung

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2060 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

[Rumor] More Details on Google's Next Nexus; Maybe Named 'Nexus Prime' from Samsung

Previously, we shared with you a rumor regarding the potential next Google Nexus Flagship device. Today, we have more rumors that shed more light on the enigmatic device. The first thing is that the device will most likely be made by Samsung, and will be Google's Flagship device. Additionally, the phone may be dubbed, the "Nexus Prime", and will come with a "Super AMOLED HD", and the previously mentioned Ice Cream Sandwich/Android 4.0. Furthermore, the story from BGR confirms their own earlier report that the device will come with the TI OMAP4460 processor.

Interestingly, the new details come with an additional angle to the story. That is that this next Google Nexus successor may come at the head of a big marketing push of exclusive Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich halo devices, all launching around the same time from multiple carriers. It would appear that Google may be preparing for an all-out war with Apple, and may use this as a counter-attack to the release of the iPhone 5 in the Fall. A massive release of Ice Cream Sandwich exclusive devices across multiple carriers could be a powerful punch to Google's nemesis.

Source: Android.net via SlashGear and BGR
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    gmorgan056
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    So this creates more stress for me. Contract up in August. Do I way for Bionic, or for this new beast in the fall? Man....
    Rooted OG D1 running Liquid Gingerbread 2.6, Project Elite v6.5, Droid Concepts 12 and many more!
    Chevy No.1 Low V 1.1 Ghz Kernal

A Droid Bionic evolved into a Rezound which then evolved into a Nexus! Running whatever Rom I'm feeling for the day.

Questions about rooting: http://bit.ly/droot

Sent from my Nexus in a Galaxy far, far away...
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Why do people go so crazy over devices with O/S's that noone has tested, or barely have seen for that matter... While I agree that historically, Google newer versions have never disappointed... GB is till slowly rolling out.. What will ICS do for me?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyFirefighter View Post
    Why do people go so crazy over devices with O/S's that noone has tested, or barely have seen for that matter... While I agree that historically, Google newer versions have never disappointed... GB is till slowly rolling out.. What will ICS do for me?
    Sorry, did not mention while I welcome a newer version of Android... im not trying to hate, but I cant understand the NEED to have it this very second. All the newer devices will be upgradeable... so why so crazy about nexus pre loaded with ics?
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Sorry, did not mention while I welcome a newer version of Android... im not trying to hate, but I cant understand the NEED to have it this very second. All the newer devices will be upgradeable... so why so crazy about nexus pre loaded with ics?
    With as fast as phones have been coming out with new software and upgraded processors and ram, i'm kinda with you on this one. While i do enjoy the way they are getting updates to the devices and OS's done, a phone i pick up today will be outdated within 2 months almost. So at this point i just picked up a decent phone and will wait until it plateaus out alittle come early next year.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Note 3 rockin 4.4.2 Kit Kat
    Quote Originally Posted by gmorgan056 View Post
    So this creates more stress for me. Contract up in August. Do I way for Bionic, or for this new beast in the fall? Man....
    Like you-contract up 8-6-11,im gonna just end contract-save duckies until she comes out and whatever carrier shes on then thats where im goin.Now-i wished they'd let us no what carrier,they say lte so that leaves(as of rite now)vzw.but they say this will b an at&t flagship-so i wait.
    "I'll stop buying smartphones when they make One smarter than me."Where's the stylus pen on the new One?
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by New2u View Post
    With as fast as phones have been coming out with new software and upgraded processors and ram, i'm kinda with you on this one. While i do enjoy the way they are getting updates to the devices and OS's done, a phone i pick up today will be outdated within 2 months almost. So at this point i just picked up a decent phone and will wait until it plateaus out alittle come early next year.
    My reasoning is,i want a pure google phone and timly updates and no other phone/carrier are gonna give them 2 us as quick as google.i mean look @ the nexus on sprint-running 2.3.4-there r phones thats been out longer and still waiting 4 gb.
    "I'll stop buying smartphones when they make One smarter than me."Where's the stylus pen on the new One?
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by dgstorm View Post

Previously, we shared with you a rumor regarding the potential next Google Nexus Flagship device. Today, we have more rumors that shed more light on the enigmatic device. The first thing is that the device will most likely be made by Samsung, and will be Google's Flagship device. Additionally, the phone may be dubbed, the "Nexus Prime", and will come with a "Super AMOLED HD", and the previously mentioned Ice Cream Sandwich/Android 4.0. Furthermore, the story from BGR confirms their own earlier report that the device will come with the TI OMAP4460 processor.

Interestingly, the new details come with an additional angle to the story. That is that this next Google Nexus successor may come at the head of a big marketing push of exclusive Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich halo devices, all launching around the same time from multiple carriers. It would appear that Google may be preparing for an all-out war with Apple, and may use this as a counter-attack to the release of the iPhone 5 in the Fall. A massive release of Ice Cream Sandwich exclusive devices across multiple carriers could be a powerful punch to Google's nemesis.

Will i was rite on the maker-sammy and the processor-now the TI OMAP4460-is that the 1.2-or the 1.5?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankintopwater69 View Post

Will i was rite on the maker-sammy and the processor-now the TI OMAP4460-is that the 1.2-or the 1.5?

http://focus.ti.com/lit/ml/swpt034b/swpt034b.pdf

bout 6 pages down... the 4460 is 1.5ghz
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankintopwater69 View Post

http://focus.ti.com/lit/ml/swpt034b/swpt034b.pdf

bout 6 pages down... the 4460 is 1.5ghz
    Thxz NJF
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links