DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Support Confirms 3G Customers Upgrading to 4G After July 7 Can Keep Unlimited

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2056 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Verizon Support Confirms 3G Customers Upgrading to 4G After July 7 Can Keep Unlimited

We have additional, and slightly clarified, confirmation that current Unlimited Data Plan customers with Verizon will be grandfathered in, even if they upgrade to 4G later. According to a Tweet from a support representative from Verizon, if you are an existing 3G customer, and upgrade to 4G after July 7th, you will be able to keep an Unlimited Data Plan if you already have one with your 3G account. From the looks of the Twitter exchange, we have reasons to rejoice, and it would appear that Verizon may soon have a flood of customers rushing to sign up for Unlimited Data Plans before July 7th. Hopefully, that particular Verizon employee knew what they were talking about, and Verizon will live up to this. From the reports we are getting in the forums, many people have called in to Verizon themselves and are receiving similar confirmation.

Source: Droid-Life
    Last edited by dgstorm; 06-27-2011 at 09:55 AM.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Not the question is, does this mean you keep unlimited for life, or only for your next device?
    Carolina Hurricanes - 2006 Stanley Cup Champions

4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    iPhone 5
    I have a hard time believing that you'll be able to keep unlimited indefinitely.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I still have unlimited on my mifi even though I have upgraded devices. Granted it is from an old alltel plan but vzw let me upgrade to the mifi and keep my unlimited. I use about 10-15 gb a month on it with no throttling

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Phone
    Vzw Droid RAZR
    It would have to be forever. Every time you upgrade your phone you are not signing a new contract, you are renewing your current one. The only way they could take away your unlimited minutes is if they actually cancel or terminate your contract and make you sign a new one.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    If this is true, Verizon did the right thing. Its easy to use 5 gigs or more in a month without tethering.

sent from my ApeX
    -Brad
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    The only way they could take away your unlimited minutes is if they actually cancel or terminate your contract and make you sign a new one.
    I don't think this is true. For instance, I have an unlimited global international
    data plan with my current BB. I just got a text from Verizon this week stating that they will no longer offer that plan. They are offering my tiered plan in place.

Can anyone confirm if an unlimited BB plan is the same as an unlimited smartphone plan? I'm planning to upgrade to the bionic is it's ever released, I just want to make sure I will be granfathered in under the unlimited data plan.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
    Not the question is, does this mean you keep unlimited for life, or only for your next device?
    My wife just got a Thunderbolt (and came to verizon on my account) and I specifically asked and yes, all future upgrades will be grandfathered in for 3g/4g service even if you don't currently have a 4g phone. Hope that guy wasn't just lying.
    -------------------------------
    HTC One M8
    -------------------------------
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Phone
    Vzw Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by FmrBBuser View Post
    The only way they could take away your unlimited minutes is if they actually cancel or terminate your contract and make you sign a new one.
    I don't think this is true. For instance, I have an unlimited global international
    data plan with my current BB. I just got a text from Verizon this week stating that they will no longer offer that plan. They are offering my tiered plan in place.

Can anyone confirm if an unlimited BB plan is the same as an unlimited smartphone plan? I'm planning to upgrade to the bionic is it's ever released, I just want to make sure I will be granfathered in under the unlimited data plan.
    I don't know your specific case but a contract is just that. A contract between parties and they can't change the terms of the contract. When you sign a 2 year contract for unlimited data and then before it expires, you upgrade your device and renew or extend the contract another 2 years you are locked in. However, if your original 2 year contract passes and you do not upgrade, you automatically go to a month to month plan and the contract has been fulfilled so they can change the terms out prices as long as they give you notice.

Think of it as renting a house, you sign a least for a year and they cannot increase the rent but when that test is up and you do not enter into a new least or extend it, you are on month to month rent and they can refuse your rent anytime.

11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Phone
    Vzw Droid RAZR
    That last part was supposed to be raise not refuse.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links