DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Samsung Released Source Kernel for Galaxy Tab 10.1; Now Overclocked to 1.4GHz Stable!

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2043 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Samsung Released Source Kernel for Galaxy Tab 10.1; Now Overclocked to 1.4GHz Stable!

A couple of days ago, Samsung released the kernel source code for their Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android Tablet, and some tech-gurus over at XDA Developers have already overclocked the beat to a stable 1.4GHz. Supposedly, after the overclock the tab was noticeably snappier and gained about 25% in benchmarks. The developer, pershoot, posted instructions for you to give it a go yourself if you want. Here they are in a quote,
    [Kernel] [Preview] - 2.6.36.4 - OC-VFP_FP 1.4GHZ - Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Update: 6/24/11)

This is a preview of what I have been working on. There is more to do, so am making this a preview until I have some other things smoothened out and other things honed down.

I will post an extensive changelog and add to RM after the upload to github completes.

-use GT-P7510 source from opensource.samsung.com and supplied defconfig, as a base
    -merged up to kernel.org's, 2.6.36.4
    -oc to 1.4GHZ @ 1.200
    -same optimisations as gtab-2632 (-O1, cortex/vfp/fp optimisations via CodeSourcery 2009-q1)
    -merged in various changes from gtab-2632, vision-2635, AOSP and kernel.org
    -Autogroup (session), various ERRATAS, BFQ I/O scheduler

Flash in recovery.
    Download the latest SetCPU:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...3&d=1308620121
    Launch it, accept root allowance and select autodetect.
    Select ondemand for governor.

Note:
    If you want to bench, it is advised that you set min/max to the same number.

Please let me know if there are any issues. Please report all issues with a log in hand (/proc/last_kmsg (if there is a reboot) and/or dmesg).

http://droidbasement.com/db-blog
    Of course, we can't be held responsible if something goes awry in your process, so proceed at your own risk! Be sure to let us know your experience with this in the forums if you give it a whirl, so we can all live vicariously through you.

You can chat with more folks over at our dedicated sister-site, @GalaxyTabForums.net, or at our tablet sister-site, @AndroidTablets.net!

Source: GalaxyTabForums.net and AndroidTablets.net via AndroidPolice and XDA Developers

Links