DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Non-Computer Web Traffic in US Reveals Android Wins in Smartphones; Apple in Tablets

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2023 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Non-Computer Web Traffic in US Reveals Android Wins in Smartphones; Apple in Tablets

A new comScore metric for non-computer web traffic in the month of May has just been released. The pic above shows off the details, and indicates that in web traffic from tablets in the United States, Apple is dominating, unsurprisingly. However, for smartphone web traffic in the U.S., Android comes out on top. For smartphones, Android utilized 35.6% of web traffic, and Apple utilized 23.5%. For the rest of the countries measured, except for Argentina and India, it was the other way around. This is owing to the fact that the iPhone has been available on more carriers internationally for sometime. It'll be interesting to see how much this flip-flops in May of next year.

Source: Android.net via SlashGear and comScore

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I wonder if this is just 3G/cellular traffic or if it includes wifi?

Interesting, but hard to believe IPad has that much more traffic than Android tablets in the US, but maybe not if wifi is excluded since I wouldn't pay for a data plan for a tablet.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note (AT&T)
    We welcome our Argentinian and Indian brothers and sisters to the ranks of non-sheeple. Hail and well met!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post

Interesting, but hard to believe IPad has that much more traffic than Android tablets in the US, but maybe not if wifi is excluded since I wouldn't pay for a data plan for a tablet.
    Click the original comScore article...
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    The big idea pushing the 4g is streaming. Such as netflix, if Verizon limits data plans, it will kill that idea. We all know how Verizon rapes ya for going over your minutes! I can just imagine the fees if you go over you data allowance.
    If Verizon changes my plan, I, and the 4 phones on my plan, will be leaving Verizon!!!!!! There are way to many other cell companies out there! I have been a loyal customer since 94, and have brought a lot of friends and family to Verizon. Looking back, Verizon charges for EVERYTHING!!! THERE ARE NO PERKS OR FREEBIES, EVERYTHING! Unlimited data for $30 isn't terrible, and I use the hell out of mine!
    Verizon is what it is today because of loyal customers!! It's time they gave us a Damn break. They should leave the data unlimited, if they don't, I should not be the only customer bailing out!
    Cooly

Droid Bionic
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post

It's all traffic. When you connect to a site, they can tell what device you're using. It has nothing to do with the data connection method.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    if you see the comsource article and look at the last set of data, you'll see that 47% of iphone users access via wifi while not even 22% of android users access from wifi.

I have my own theories based on those numbers, but none of which make any sense hahaha....

I mean its not a money thing since most phones cost the same. Its not an intelligence thing since quite a few tech-dumb people use either platform. W/e. I am on wifi as much as possible because 3G is just terrible for video/photo/music sharing
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Hah. It's that most iphone users are on att, and att's 3G coverage just can't compare to verizon's. Thus, more iphone users use wifi, because they have to.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow02 View Post
    Hah. It's that most iphone users are on att, and att's 3G coverage just can't compare to verizon's. Thus, more iphone users use wifi, because they have to.
    Maybe AT&T has bad service in your area but in Georgia. The AT&T 3G network is faster than Verizon and reliable.

It Would make more sense that since the majority of iPhone users are on AT&T that a large portion of those have a teired data plan, Thus these users use WiFi as much as possible.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    thc thunderbolt
    That's a joke about ATT in Ga. I know lots of friends who got sucked in to the ATT hype, they are constantly dropping calls, and losing service. I have done speed tests and Verizon is twice the speed. You need to go online and research 4G and LTE.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Links