DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ASUS Eee Pad Transformer 2 with Ice Cream Sandwich and Tegra 3 Coming Oct/Nov

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2060 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer 2 with Ice Cream Sandwich and Tegra 3 Coming Oct/Nov

Although this may only be a rumor, if it turns out to be true, it would appear that ASUS is a bit "overzealous" about their Android Tablets. They just released their Eee Pad Transformer a couple of months ago to a rousing success, and now they already have planned an Eee Pad Transformer 2 that will launch using the NVIDIA Tegra 3 (Kal-El) Quad-core processor, and Google's latest Android OS, Ice Cream Sandwich. Additionally, sources also suggest that ASUS will still price things very competitively at $399.99. Apparently, ASUS will actually not be making any profit on either version of the Transformer. They are selling the tablets at a "break-even" price-point and instead will make profit on sales of the keyboard dock. That's a gutsy, but pretty sharp move. What do you guys think?

You can discuss more about ASUS' Android tablets in our AndroidTablets.net dedicated section, or check out our dedicated sister-site @TransformerForums.com!

Source: AndroidTablets.net and TransformerForums.com via SlashGear

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    no way, i dont believe they are not making any money on the tablet, no way.

still pretty cool device i got the first one and will be buying the next one too.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Motorola could stand to learn from ASUS.

Reddit: TheRealBigLou
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDroid 2.2 Froyo
    sounds like what Sony did with the PS3. they make almost NOTHING off the actual systems, but when you have millions of people buying 1, 2 or 3 SIXAXIS controllers at $50-60 a pop, and games at $40-60, youre gonna make billions of dollars.

Asus is really doin their thing. used my friend's Eee Pad for a few days and it's definitely worth buying. if they truly are not making any money off the actual tablet, i feel like they're gonna have a wave of new diehard followers. maybe just from people jumping on a bandwagon for a company who is seemingly "honest" and "fair", but either way Asus will make some serious cash.

good going Asus!
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDroid 2.2 Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
    Motorola could stand to learn from ASUS.
    agreed. greedy greedy
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    r00ted D1
    Quote Originally Posted by coreymm324 View Post
    sounds like what Sony did with the PS3. they make almost NOTHING off the actual systems, but when you have millions of people buying 1, 2 or 3 SIXAXIS controllers at $50-60 a pop, and games at $40-60, youre gonna make billions of dollars.
    All video game companies do this, not just Sony. They actually lose TONS on the sale of the console.

And either way, if they are or arent making any more, I have the TF and it is sick! So I know the next one will be even better. Just have to convince the wife to let me get that one next, lol.
    Thunderbolt r00ted
    Transformer r00ted
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    VZW Note 2
    If they're going to the $399 price, they should allow us to trade in our Transformers Now I gotta try to sell my Transformer..
    One thing 127 Hours has taught me; Never forget the Swiss Army Knife, leave the "Cheap Made in China multi-tool" home.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Note 3 rockin 4.4.2 Kit Kat
    I hope its true,cos rumor has it that nov is the time fram when the nexus 4g is 2 drop and I hope google uses the same chip.
    "I'll stop buying smartphones when they make One smarter than me."Where's the stylus pen on the new One?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Man, and just when I thought the Xoom was getting reasonable...

With that said, I still might go with the Xoom. The hardware on that device is just top notch all the way and I love playing around with it at the Verizon/Best Buy stores. Plus, who knows how long it'll be before there are apps to fully utilize these devices. There aren't anything out there that utilizes dual core, and they're already set to release quad core... Boggles the mind.
    Carolina Hurricanes - 2006 Stanley Cup Champions

11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
    Man, and just when I thought the Xoom was getting reasonable...

With that said, I still might go with the Xoom. The hardware on that device is just top notch all the way and I love playing around with it at the Verizon/Best Buy stores. Plus, who knows how long it'll be before there are apps to fully utilize these devices. There aren't anything out there that utilizes dual core, and they're already set to release quad core... Boggles the mind.
    there is a full market that is optimized for the dual core chip set. Its a small amount of games but still there are apps out there.

With that being said I plan to hold onto my TF1. I tend to skip one gen just cant keep up with buying a new tec each and every year lol. I just start to get the feeling I am getting good use out of it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links