DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon's New Data Plans & Unlimited Grandfathered Reaffirmed in Training Doc Leak

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2060 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Verizon's New Data Plans & Unlimited Grandfathered Reaffirmed in Training Doc Leak

The above & below leaked training docs all but officially confirm the news we shared with you earlier this week regarding Verizon's new tiered data plans. It breaks the plans down in more detail, and also seems to confirm a bit of good news. It reaffirms existing customers that already have unlimited data plans will get to keep them grandfathered in. Below is also the internal training email. This leak was picked up by AndroidCentral.

As of this morning we have been given the green light to start training on the data changes Verizon Wireless is making effective 7/7/11.

$29.99 unlimited data will be discontinued effective 7/7/11

EXISTING CUSTOMERS- That have our $29.99 unlimited data plan WILL BE GRANDFATHERED IN, they will keep their unlimited plan after 7/7/11

EXISTING CUSTOMERS- That current have the unlimited data WILL BE ABLE TO UPGRADE AND KEEP the unlimited data feature (No known end date on this as of this moment)

EXISTING CUSTOMERS- That add lines post 7/7/2011, will NOT be able to choose the $29.99 unlimited data feature

NEW CUSTOMERS- Any customer that sets up service from now, until 7/7/2011 WILL BE ON, AND WILL BE GRANDFATHERED into our $29.99 unlimited data package

NEW CUSTOMERS- Any new customer that set up service AFTER 7/7/2011, WILL NOT be able to choose the $29.99 unlimited plan

BUSINESS DISCOUNTS- Currently our business discounts apply to the $29.99 data plan on the primary line only. Most discounts are 20% despite whatever monthly access discount they have

BUSINESS DISCOUNTS- After 7/7/2011 data discounts will only apply to the $50 and higher data packages on the primary line.

Discount break down ex. of customers with a 20% feature discount on their primary line. ($50-20%=$40/month for 5GB and includes the business e-mail feature)

-- ($20/GB vs. $40/GB+ Business e-mail )

New data pricing for smart phones is as follows:

$30 for 2GB with $10/GB overage

$50 for 5GB (this also includes business e-mail at no additional charge) with $10/GB overage

$80 for 10GB (this also includes business e-mail at no additional charge) with $10/GB overage

So all changes effective July 7th, 2011.

Existing customer KEEP their $29.99 unlimited data plan

If an existing customer upgrades from a feature phone to a smart phone after 7/7/11, they will NOT be able to add on the unlimited data package. They must choose from the new data plans.

Anyone who sets up new service with unlimited data, upgrades from a feature phone to a smart phone with unlimited data, or customer currently on the $29.99 before July, 7, 2011 will be grandfathered in.

These changes also apply to employee plans as well (personal accounts w/work discounts applied)

SO, This is a huge time for us to set our customers up with the right package for them! We only have 14 DAYS remaining for unlimited data, and until the new data pricing takes effect. (14 days to setup new customers w/unlimited data, and customers upgrading from a feature phone to a smart phone)

PLEASE, PLEASE make sure we take advantage of this heads up and get our heavy data users set up on these unlimited plans before they change.

Please call, text or e-mail me any questions or concerns you might have.
    Source: AndroidCentral
    Last edited by dgstorm; 06-23-2011 at 10:07 AM.
  2. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Looks like I need to buy a smart phone ASAP. Ebay will be my friend. I think I'll just get an OG Droid until the Bionic comes out.
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X, Rooted, blurLESS
    My big question is if and when I get a 4G phone is that considered a "different" data plan? I'd like to get the Bionic when that arrives, and I currently have the Droid X. Or am I grandfathered into 4G also regardless of whether or not I currently have a 3G phone?
  4. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by supermandroid View Post
    My big question is if and when I get a 4G phone is that considered a "different" data plan? I'd like to get the Bionic when that arrives, and I currently have the Droid X. Or am I grandfathered into 4G also regardless of whether or not I currently have a 3G phone?
    Smartphone data is smartphone data. Verizon doesn't differentiate between 3G and 4G data.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Please everyone, help feed the cash cow! nom nom nom! mooooooo
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    lucky for me tied in to unlimeted data when we cant upgrade and stay on unlimeted data.. time to start doing ebay..
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Bionic (sad but sweet)
    Quote: PLEASE, PLEASE make sure we take advantage of this heads up and get our heavy data users set up on these unlimited plans before they change. End Quote

Does this make sense to anyone. "Our" heavy users implies current customers. Would not most if not all current users be on the grandfathered current 29.99? And does this sort of imply that they recognize there are folks who do run over the current 5gig sort of implied kinda of treated as a throttling limit? perhaps to this person 3Gigs is heavy???

Craig
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt!
    I noticed today that if I take my early upgrade, I can get a TBolt for $170. I may jump on the chance. I know I can upgrade and keep my unlimited data but don't want to risk it.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    So it sounds like my 25% company discount isn't grandfathered in for data? That really really suxs.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    RyanPm40
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    So, according to this, I will be all set with my unlimited plan EVEN IF I upgrade to a new phone later down the road? That's rad..
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Links