DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: [Updated] Verizon To Officially Reveal Tiered Data Plans July 7th; Plans Leaked Below

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
    To anyone who is royally peeved about this leaked announcement, don't voice your anger at Verizon.

Voice your anger towards the thousands of rooters who illegally tethered hundreds of thousands of GBs a month by running their home network through the Verizon data plan. Verizon didn't have to do this, but the incessant selfishness of the idiotic few completely forced their hands, and now we ALL have to pay for it.

So to you, the idiot abuser who streamed 200GB per month in data while using their phone as a router, PS3/XBox server, while downloading and uploading countless amounts of Torrents, I want to personally thank you for gouging our pockets in the future. You are awesome! Hope the Torrents of SpongeBob and the blazing speeds while playing Halo or Modern Warfare were totally worth it.

Amen!! Thanks goes out to all those 35 year old basement living ..mama paying... rent free living..no working ....stand up people who take my taxes and now are raising my phone bill
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
    To anyone who is royally peeved about this leaked announcement, don't voice your anger at Verizon.

Voice your anger towards the thousands of rooters who illegally tethered hundreds of thousands of GBs a month by running their home network through the Verizon data plan. Verizon didn't have to do this, but the incessant selfishness of the idiotic few completely forced their hands, and now we ALL have to pay for it.

So to you, the idiot abuser who streamed 200GB per month in data while using their phone as a router, PS3/XBox server, while downloading and uploading countless amounts of Torrents, I want to personally thank you for gouging our pockets in the future. You are awesome! Hope the Torrents of SpongeBob and the blazing speeds while playing Halo or Modern Warfare were totally worth it.
    That is complete BS. VZW can EASILY throttle heavy users and VZW have done this in the past. This is PURELY to charge more for data. If VZW wanted to control heavy users, they can throttle them.

This will backfire on VZW and VZW can bite me- real good
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I use up just under or over 5GB every month (no tether). I see some that only use 1/2GB or less. I don't see how you people do that. Why have smartphones then?? My sister and my mother use 1.5 to 2GB per month and I see them as below average users.

In fact if I got a 4G phone I could see my usage easily going up. People are gonna start letting app developers dish out 4 or 5 updates before they actually do the update. Also I wonder if OTA's count towards the plan.

I am available for upgrade on July 21 so either Verizon lets me upgrade a little early or I'm leaving the service in Nov. when my contract expires.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    I use up just under or over 5GB every month (no tether). I see some that only use 1/2GB or less. I don't see how you people do that. Why have smartphones then?? My sister and my mother use 1.5 to 2GB per month and I see them as below average users.

In fact if I got a 4G phone I could see my usage easily going up. People are gonna start letting app developers dish out 4 or 5 updates before they actually do the update. Also I wonder if OTA's count towards the plan.

I am available for upgrade on July 21 so either Verizon lets me upgrade a little early or I'm leaving the service in Nov. when my contract expires.
    Wifi. I didn't get a smartphone because Verizon is so awesome and I can't wait to use their network. I got it so I could have access to the internet, email and apps when I needed. I don't see the need to use 3g just because I can, when I have wifi all the time and its far faster...
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note 2, Samsung Tab

Smile How about a dose of reality?

Hey kids,
    All this ranting and venting is rather tiresome. It only indicates how immature/impotent you are. There are only 2 truths.
    1) This may come as a surprise to some but VZW is a profit seeking company. Nothing wrong with that. But its out to make as much of a profit as it can. Its not your mother and it is not benign. It is what it is. If there were no competition there would be no limit as to rates.
    2) All this speculation how prices and terms will be is even more pointless. We can guess all day but what is the point. Wait until they come out with the final figures. I suspect they don't even have the final numbers set in stone yet.

What to do? Wait until you have to make a decision and then see what is available then. That is my 3 cents. I may be wrong. I was wrong once myself
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    So I pay more for less? Back to the ipod touch I go.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Quote Originally Posted by pizza3 View Post
    Hey kids,
    All this ranting and venting is rather tiresome. It only indicates how immature/impotent you are. There are only 2 truths.
    1) This may come as a surprise to some but VZW is a profit seeking company. Nothing wrong with that. But its out to make as much of a profit as it can. Its not your mother and it is not benign. It is what it is. If there were no competition there would be no limit as to rates.
    2) All this speculation how prices and terms will be is even more pointless. We can guess all day but what is the point. Wait until they come out with the final figures. I suspect they don't even have the final numbers set in stone yet.

What to do? Wait until you have to make a decision and then see what is available then. That is my 3 cents. I may be wrong. I was wrong once myself
    +1...i'll never understand the utter shock that resonates across this forum when a company does something to increase their profits or protect their investments. but whatever.

and yeah its just rampant speculation and rumors, and i for one dont believe it until verizon says it, not when droid-life or p3droid tells me. but still, there's nothing wrong with discussing the possibility. the forum would be pretty boring if everyone just talked about verified stuff haha
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post

With tiered data, there is no point in 4G, since absolute overkill. Also no point in Netflix, since two and a half movies busts past 2gb. If I will be forced to mainly use wifi, why bother with 4G.

Do folks not appreciate that 4G and tiered data is a contradiction in premise? The faster the speed, the more data people will use.

VZW is COUNTING on people breaching 2GB so they are charged more. Probably looks great on a business case but most folks that use Netflix much will say BITE ME.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Lol it's another way of making money has nothing to do with illegal tethering. They can threaten u to stop. My friend who was grand fathered with att unlimited internet does illegal tethering and they threatened him to stop based on getting 20 gigabytes a month with internet.

if att did it and got away with it verizon figures why not.

The people who are illegally tethering are already locked in btw so they don't need to worry about this. And nobody does 200gb a month. That's insane.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    I wonder how the overages will be treated? If I go over that 2gb cap, is it instantly an extra $10? In that case you might as well use that extra gig up. Or is anything under a gig over ok, and once you hit that extra gig you get charged the $10.
Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Links