DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Motorola's Milestone3 a.k.a. the Droid3 Officially Announced in China

  1. Droid Sensei
    nerdslogic's Avatar
    Member #
    139756
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cybertron
    Posts
    2,541
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android
    #11
    Ah....well the 2 d2g's that I had drained extended batteries in less than a day just sitting in my pocket.....that is not good imo

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch t.v., save for your old age, obey the law, don't ask questions, and repeat after me.....I am free.
  2. Senior Droid
    tonydelite's Avatar
    Member #
    48177
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI
    Posts
    188
    Phone
    RAZR
    #12
    according to xda.cn, it has the OMAP4430.

    新起点新里程碑 首台MOTO 里程碑3详细评测-|XDA智能手机网 |智能手机︱评测︱软件︱游戏︱下载 推荐︱智能手机导*︱HTC

    Milestone 3 is used in TI OMAP4430 dual-core processor, ARM's Cortex-A9 architecture, 45nm production process, is the industry's first solution using TI's dual-core mobile phone.With 512 RAM, 16G's ROM and SGX540 the GPU
  3. Master Droid
    Phreaker47's Avatar
    Member #
    58110
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    743
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #13
    This thing may not be so "awful" after all.

    I need to upgrade my 0G Droid soon. Tired of Gingerbread limping along on it with such limited RAM (although Chevy did such a good job making it work AT ALL with his SS ROMS). But now I'm using it for work email and IMs with my new job, and I just can't wait for my NE2 since it isn't till December.

    So maybe this, or maybe the Galaxy 2... we'll see eh?

    It certainly doesn't seem like TODAY is the day to buy. I'll hold out a little longer.
  4. Moderator
    bsweetness's Avatar
    Member #
    42719
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,481
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdslogic View Post
    Ah....well the 2 d2g's that I had drained extended batteries in less than a day just sitting in my pocket.....that is not good imo

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, the Droid 2 Global gets poor battery life all around for most people. It has more to do with the overclocked 1.2 ghz processor. Even if the phone is global mode, that doesn't reduce the battery life a major amount. Turning the GSM radio completely off does help though.
  5. Droid
    Cmdates2991's Avatar
    Member #
    56215
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    88
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #15
    From the pics it looks like they changed the external speaker on the D3. Not that it really matters to me, but one of the things I've always been impressed with on my D1 was the great sound quality on the external speaker. I really hope this new one sounds just as great.
  6. Junior Droid
    coreymm324's Avatar
    Member #
    104275
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    16
    Phone
    MotoDroid 2.2 Froyo
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmdates2991 View Post
    From the pics it looks like they changed the external speaker on the D3. Not that it really matters to me, but one of the things I've always been impressed with on my D1 was the great sound quality on the external speaker. I really hope this new one sounds just as great.

    yeah i saw that too. i still have the og droid and the sound is sooo loud and crisp for being on a phone. hope it stays the same. quality.
    the deal breaker might be that theres no 4g though :/
  7. Droid
    Kryptyk's Avatar
    Member #
    151762
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    94
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorolla Bionic
    #17
    Nice phone. I defiantly like they made the screen a bit bigger and of course, duel core is nice. Ram is a little beafier I think though than most would let to believe. 512 ddr2 ram is whats in it I think which is fast. Still think it would be nice to see the new phones coming out with 4g capability though. Even being a global phone, like most would gladly suggest and give Motorola the excuse, it could be simply turned off when no 4g is in range. Just my opinion though.

    Still it's a very nice phone. Still going to hold out with my D1 till the Bionic comes out. Looks like I will have to limp it along for a few more months and I am sure in a few more months, I will be saying the same dam thing....just have to limp it along for a bit longer.....LOL
    Droid Bionic
    Rooted Stock
    Technical Support:
    Answers: $1.00
    Answers requiring Brain power: $2.00
    Correct Answers: $3.00

    Dumb looks for stupid questions: FREE
  8. Master Droid
    Droid101's Avatar
    Member #
    18305
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York State
    Posts
    687
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptyk View Post
    Nice phone. I defiantly like they made the screen a bit bigger and of course, duel core is nice. Ram is a little beafier I think though than most would let to believe. 512 ddr2 ram is whats in it I think which is fast. Still think it would be nice to see the new phones coming out with 4g capability though. Even being a global phone, like most would gladly suggest and give Motorola the excuse, it could be simply turned off when no 4g is in range. Just my opinion though.

    Still it's a very nice phone. Still going to hold out with my D1 till the Bionic comes out. Looks like I will have to limp it along for a few more months and I am sure in a few more months, I will be saying the same dam thing....just have to limp it along for a bit longer.....LOL
    I highly doubt that you will see any other 4G phones come out until verizon launches tiered data unfortunately
    Motorola Droid 09-11/ Droid Charge 11-2/12/ Galaxy Nexus 12-?
  9. Droid Sensei
    brad92's Avatar
    Member #
    122734
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    4,506
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    #19
    I would only buy it if it has more RAM and an unlocked bootloader. I've seen all the issues with the X2's lack of RAM and have been battling the bootloader in my X for too long.

    sent from my ZombieStomped X
    -Brad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 70
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 08:45 PM
  2. Ice Cream Sandwich officially announced!!!
    By Preach2k in forum Android News
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-13-2011, 09:28 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 11:56 AM
  4. Motorola Zeppelin Spotted... to be announced at MWC in Feb?
    By wuyanks in forum Android Smart Phones
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 03:48 AM
  5. Motorola Droid Case Contest Winner Announced!
    By danDroid in forum Android News
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 06:50 PM

Search tags for this page

droid3
,
droid3 battery
,
milestone 3 battery life
,
milestone 3 global
,
milestone 3 rom
,

milestone3

,
milestone3 rom
,
milestone3 root
,
motorola milestone 3 forums
,
motorola milestone3
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+