DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorola's Milestone3 a.k.a. the Droid3 Officially Announced in China

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android
    Ah....well the 2 d2g's that I had drained extended batteries in less than a day just sitting in my pocket.....that is not good imo

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch t.v., save for your old age, obey the law, don't ask questions, and repeat after me.....I am free.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR
    according to xda.cn, it has the OMAP4430.

新起点新里程碑 首台MOTO 里程碑3详细评测-|XDA智能手机网 |智能手机︱评测︱软件︱游戏︱下载 推荐︱智能手机导*︱HTC

Milestone 3 is used in TI OMAP4430 dual-core processor, ARM's Cortex-A9 architecture, 45nm production process, is the industry's first solution using TI's dual-core mobile phone.With 512 RAM, 16G's ROM and SGX540 the GPU
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    This thing may not be so "awful" after all.

I need to upgrade my 0G Droid soon. Tired of Gingerbread limping along on it with such limited RAM (although Chevy did such a good job making it work AT ALL with his SS ROMS). But now I'm using it for work email and IMs with my new job, and I just can't wait for my NE2 since it isn't till December.

So maybe this, or maybe the Galaxy 2... we'll see eh?

It certainly doesn't seem like TODAY is the day to buy. I'll hold out a little longer.
  4. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdslogic View Post
    Ah....well the 2 d2g's that I had drained extended batteries in less than a day just sitting in my pocket.....that is not good imo

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, the Droid 2 Global gets poor battery life all around for most people. It has more to do with the overclocked 1.2 ghz processor. Even if the phone is global mode, that doesn't reduce the battery life a major amount. Turning the GSM radio completely off does help though.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    From the pics it looks like they changed the external speaker on the D3. Not that it really matters to me, but one of the things I've always been impressed with on my D1 was the great sound quality on the external speaker. I really hope this new one sounds just as great.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDroid 2.2 Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmdates2991 View Post
    From the pics it looks like they changed the external speaker on the D3. Not that it really matters to me, but one of the things I've always been impressed with on my D1 was the great sound quality on the external speaker. I really hope this new one sounds just as great.

yeah i saw that too. i still have the og droid and the sound is sooo loud and crisp for being on a phone. hope it stays the same. quality.
    the deal breaker might be that theres no 4g though :/
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorolla Bionic
    Nice phone. I defiantly like they made the screen a bit bigger and of course, duel core is nice. Ram is a little beafier I think though than most would let to believe. 512 ddr2 ram is whats in it I think which is fast. Still think it would be nice to see the new phones coming out with 4g capability though. Even being a global phone, like most would gladly suggest and give Motorola the excuse, it could be simply turned off when no 4g is in range. Just my opinion though.

Still it's a very nice phone. Still going to hold out with my D1 till the Bionic comes out. Looks like I will have to limp it along for a few more months and I am sure in a few more months, I will be saying the same dam thing....just have to limp it along for a bit longer.....LOL
    Droid Bionic
    Rooted Stock
    Technical Support:
    Answers: $1.00
    Answers requiring Brain power: $2.00
    Correct Answers: $3.00

Dumb looks for stupid questions: FREE
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptyk View Post
    Nice phone. I defiantly like they made the screen a bit bigger and of course, duel core is nice. Ram is a little beafier I think though than most would let to believe. 512 ddr2 ram is whats in it I think which is fast. Still think it would be nice to see the new phones coming out with 4g capability though. Even being a global phone, like most would gladly suggest and give Motorola the excuse, it could be simply turned off when no 4g is in range. Just my opinion though.

Still it's a very nice phone. Still going to hold out with my D1 till the Bionic comes out. Looks like I will have to limp it along for a few more months and I am sure in a few more months, I will be saying the same dam thing....just have to limp it along for a bit longer.....LOL
    I highly doubt that you will see any other 4G phones come out until verizon launches tiered data unfortunately
    Motorola Droid 09-11/ Droid Charge 11-2/12/ Galaxy Nexus 12-?
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    I would only buy it if it has more RAM and an unlocked bootloader. I've seen all the issues with the X2's lack of RAM and have been battling the bootloader in my X for too long.

sent from my ZombieStomped X
    -Brad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links