DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Test Model for Nexus 3 by HTC?

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    402 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by gonnadie4thegov View Post
    And i mean if you step back and look at it though the normal consumers eyes, they don't know, understand, or care about hardware specs.
    I don't think that's true, or at least it's certainly changing. Tablets and smartphones pretty much hit us in the face with specs these days, on advertisements and the spec sheet at the store. And as the lines between smartphone/tablet/pc increasingly blurr, I don't think you can say consumers don't/won't pay attention to specs because they certainly do in pc's.

May have been true with dumbphones, but from pc's to televisions spec sheets on store displays are standard and I think the average consumer is more familiar and comfortable with the basics than given credit for. It's largely the reason behind the megapixel wars in the cameras - even if a consumer doesn't know what 8mp means, they naturally expect it to be better than 5mp. At this point, most people have bought a couple computers over the last 10 years, and things like ram and ghz are terms they mostly get, even my 60yr old mom.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I loved my D1, my D2 was decent, and my D2G is a piece. I would love to stay Moto but with HTC announcing unlocked bootloaders and Moto not giving a crap about their customers my choice is easy. My next upgrade will most likely be HTC.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    HTC sense makes me want to Vomit. I hate their phones.

With a faster phone out of the box I don't care if it's locked.

I'll be waiting for the Bionic.

Quote Originally Posted by WPThunder25 View Post
    I loved my D1, my D2 was decent, and my D2G is a piece. I would love to stay Moto but with HTC announcing unlocked bootloaders and Moto not giving a crap about their customers my choice is easy. My next upgrade will most likely be HTC.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    RyanPm40
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by accellpo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanPm40 View Post
    I don't see why everyone loves Moto so much? They lock their bootloaders, the Xoom is a rip-off, and moto blur is hideous XP.
    Because we like our phones to last longer than 3 hours on one charge! Unlike your t-bolt, which has the worst battery life of any Android phone.lol
    I really don't understand that large review from people. Like.. I get a full day's use easily with this thing and then some. I definitely charge nightly but I don't usually worry about it dying on me with the stock battery. My incredible, my friend's OG Droid, and my ex's Droid X were both worse.

Then again I don't live in a 4G area.. :P
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    RyanPm40
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post

Both HTC phones I owned were far faster and smoother than any other android device I've played with.. (X, OG Droid, LG Optimus, etc.) I've never used an android phone smoother than my TB or Incredible except for maybe the Galaxy phones. Samsung does a great job with those things.

Also, I hope no one thinks I'm trying to pick fights, I'm just one who is in love with debate. I have no qualms with anybody =].
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    D1,DX,TB,DB,GNx,GS3,GN2,GS4,N3
    Quote Originally Posted by accellpo View Post
    I don't see why everyone loves Moto so much? They lock their bootloaders, the Xoom is a rip-off, and moto blur is hideous XP.
    Because we like our phones to last longer than 3 hours on one charge! Unlike your t-bolt, which has the worst battery life of any Android phone.lol
    I really don't understand that large review from people. Like.. I get a full day's use easily with this thing and then some. I definitely charge nightly but I don't usually worry about it dying on me with the stock battery. My incredible, my friend's OG Droid, and my ex's Droid X were both worse.

Then again I don't live in a 4G area.. :P
    I'll agree that the TB is an amazing phone and I'm quite happy with it, even given the battery life issues. However, it's definitely not better than my OG Droid or Droid X on battery life. The only reason I went ahead and jumped on it was because the Bionic was delayed and I didn't want to get stuck with tiered data down the road.
    Nate
    -------------------------------------------
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    D1,DX,TB,DB,GNx,GS3,GN2,GS4,N3
    Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post

Quote Originally Posted by WPThunder25 View Post
    I really prefer Moto to HTC, but the Sense UI is way better looking than any Blur crap that Moto has put out, and it runs quicker too. However, I'll still be trading in my TB once the Bionic/Targa comes out. Luckily I'm in IT and one of my clients is a VZW authorized dealer so I don't really pay for phones. We have a working trade agreement.
    Nate
    -------------------------------------------
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by djsiva View Post

I really prefer Moto to HTC, but the Sense UI is way better looking than any Blur crap that Moto has put out, and it runs quicker too. However, I'll still be trading in my TB once the Bionic/Targa comes out. Luckily I'm in IT and one of my clients is a VZW authorized dealer so I don't really pay for phones. We have a working trade agreement.
    Finally something I agree with, Moto has better hardware, HTC has better software. Since I'm going to be running GO Launcher anyway though, I don't care as much about software.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Am i the only one that believes they've seen this phone before? Maybe the buttonless prototype for the iPhone? It looks unusually familiar to me.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gonnadie4thegov View Post
    And i mean if you step back and look at it though the normal consumers eyes, they don't know, understand, or care about hardware specs.
    I don't think that's true, or at least it's certainly changing. Tablets and smartphones pretty much hit us in the face with specs these days, on advertisements and the spec sheet at the store. And as the lines between smartphone/tablet/pc increasingly blurr, I don't think you can say consumers don't/won't pay attention to specs because they certainly do in pc's.

May have been true with dumbphones, but from pc's to televisions spec sheets on store displays are standard and I think the average consumer is more familiar and comfortable with the basics than given credit for. It's largely the reason behind the megapixel wars in the cameras - even if a consumer doesn't know what 8mp means, they naturally expect it to be better than 5mp. At this point, most people have bought a couple computers over the last 10 years, and things like ram and ghz are terms they mostly get, even my 60yr old mom.
    Oh but it is true. The vast majority doesn't care about things like tons of ram, dual core processors or anything like that. They care 1 is it easy to use, 2 does it look good, 3 is the display pretty and probably does it have a nice, ie high megapixel, camera. That's probably about it.

They couldnt care less about that other stuff. Why do you think they sell so many iphones. Theyve been told theyre easy to use, they they look good and the nave a nice display.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links