DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: HTC UNLOCKING Bootloaders!

1. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Rooted D1 & Fascinate
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    I thought the TB bootloader was already unlocked? People are loading kernels so it must be unlocked... right?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Get "Blacked Out"

Like my stuff....?? << a.k.a, the "would ya, could ya" request button
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    ^You have to roll back on TB.

Evo 3D unlocked one way or another: http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/05...ay-or-another/
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Quote Originally Posted by ecsnead69 View Post
    I thought the TB bootloader was already unlocked? People are loading kernels so it must be unlocked... right?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums
    I believe it came locked, but was easily unlockable...it wasn't encrypted in other words. That's where the confusion comes in.

HTC says they won't lock anymore, but will Verizon just allow that to happen? Ultimately it is the carrier that decides, and Verizon is notorious for locking their stuff down. Remember the days of not even being able to put a ringtone on your phone unless you bought it through VCAST? VZW has become a little lax as of late, but it's their final decision how they want to implement the bootloader policy on phones on their network.

In other words, HTC can't just release an unlocked bootloader device without Verizon signing off on it.
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    As much as i like motorola, if they don't step their game up looks like i'll possibly be getting an htc. i may prefer motorola's build quality over htc but htc has more freedom with their devices. But verizon is saying that a device with an unlocked bootloader can't be activated on their network?
    [Round 1, FIGHT] Verizon: There Won’t Be Any Unlocked Devices On Our Network | Android News, Reviews, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets, Tips, Mods, Videos, Tutorials - Android Police
    Light Without Heat

Current Phone: Galaxy Nexus running Shiny 4.3
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt!
    I have already decided to jump ship to either HTC or Samsung. HTC is front runner as of today though.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    wesdo2gg
    Phone
    Rooted Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by The Robot Cow View Post
    As much as i like motorola, if they don't step their game up looks like i'll possibly be getting an htc. i may prefer motorola's build quality over htc but htc has more freedom with their devices. But verizon is saying that a device with an unlocked bootloader can't be activated on their network?
    [Round 1, FIGHT] Verizon: There Won’t Be Any Unlocked Devices On Our Network | Android News, Reviews, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets, Tips, Mods, Videos, Tutorials - Android Police
    And if VZW's statement were true, what % of people on this forum wouldn't have service?
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by wesdo2gg View Post
    And if VZW's statement were true, what % of people on this forum wouldn't have service?
    If we're nitpicking "cannot" can also mean "not allowed". For example "you cannot smoke here". that doesn't mean you are incapable of smoking at that location, it simply means you're not allowed. I think we need to realize that this is a tweet, and not anything I would call "official". Plus we don't know in what context it was said, or even if the person who said it knows what was meant by the question posed...

Let's not go crazy here...lol
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    wesdo2gg
    Phone
    Rooted Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wesdo2gg View Post
    If we're nitpicking "cannot" can also mean "not allowed". For example "you cannot smoke here". that doesn't mean you are incapable of smoking at that location, it simply means you're not allowed. I think we need to realize that this is a tweet, and not anything I would call "official". Plus we don't know in what context it was said, or even if the person who said it knows what was meant by the question posed...

Let's not go crazy here...lol
    All true statements! We're just hanging out until we get more info, which HTC says will be shared at a later date. Next week is going to reveal a lot on how this is going to work.
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Twitter
    droid1967
    Phone
    Droid 1/ G2x/Nexus
    DroidForums.net Developer
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    aha, so they most probably thought the question was about an unlocked phone and not the bootloader. this is great news
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Links