DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LG Revolution's Official Launch; Coming May 26th for $250 On-Contract

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2028 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

LG Revolution's Official Launch; Coming May 26th for $250 On-Contract

We've been giving you some tidbits and rumor that the LG Revolution would be coming in May, and now it was officially launched by Verizon. The device will be available for VZW on May 26th, just as we reported previously, and will debut for $249.99 with a new two-year contract.

For more discussions be sure to check out LG Revolution Forum or LG Revolution - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Here's the full press release:
    Revolution™ by LG Arrives for Verizon Wireless
    Dynamic Trio of 4G LTE, Entertainment and Power Combine to Make Revolution™ by LG

BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and SAN DIEGO, May 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless and LG Mobile Phones today announced Revolution™ by LG will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless on May 26.

An entertainment powerhouse, Revolution by LG is the first Android™ smartphone preloaded with the Neflix application, allowing Netflix subscribers access to movies and television shows. Revolution customers can capture and share HD images or videos on a 4.3-inch capacitive touchscreen. Built-in HDMI output and SmartShare capability allow customers to share multimedia content with HDMI capable displays, creating an exceptional entertainment experience.

Key features:

4G LTE – customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage areas
    1 GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon® processor
    Android™ 2.2 platform
    Access to more than 200,000 apps available to download from Android Market™
    Bing® Search and Maps
    Adobe® Flash® Player
    Rear-facing 5.0-megapixel camera with autofocus and LED flash
    1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video chat
    720p HD video recording and playback
    Wi-Fi connectivity 802.11 b/g/n
    Mobile Hotspot capability allows customers to share 4G LTE with up to 8 Wi-Fi-enabled devices or a 3G connection with up to 5 devices
    Bluetooth® Version 3.0 Support Profiles: headset, hands-free, object push, advanced audio distribution (stereo), audio/video remote control, file transfer, phone book access

Additional features:

V CAST Apps
    Virtual QWERTY keyboard with SWYPE technology
    Equipped with Dolby® Mobile for a rich listening experience
    Extensive image editor includes: crop, rotate, resize, apply filters, image adjustments, draw, write, erase and add stamps
    16 GB preinstalled microSD card™

Pricing and availability:

Revolution by LG will be available in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores and online at Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless for $249.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
    Revolution customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a data package. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 for monthly access. An unlimited data package is available for $29.99 for monthly access. The Mobile Hotspot feature will be included for a limited time at no additional charge.

The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network, launched in December 2010, is the fastest, most advanced 4G network in the United States, providing speeds up to 10 times faster than Verizon Wireless’ 3G network. Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network currently reaches one-third of all Americans, with plans to expand the network to the company’s entire 3G coverage area over the next three years.

For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless.
    Has anyone else noticed that it seems like Verizon is slowly "creeping" up the prices on their phones? First the Droid Charge comes in high, and now this one... What do you guys think?

Source: Verizon Wireless Full Press Release for LG Revolution

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    All I can think of is Bing® Search and Maps...
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by dgstorm View Post

We've been giving you some tidbits and rumor that the LG Revolution would be coming in May, and now it was officially launched by Verizon. The device will be available for VZW on May 26th, just as we reported previously, and will debut for $249.99 with a new two-year contract. Here's the full press release:
    Revolution™ by LG Arrives for Verizon Wireless
    Dynamic Trio of 4G LTE, Entertainment and Power Combine to Make Revolution™ by LG

BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and SAN DIEGO, May 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless and LG Mobile Phones today announced Revolution™ by LG will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless on May 26.

An entertainment powerhouse, Revolution by LG is the first Android™ smartphone preloaded with the Neflix application, allowing Netflix subscribers access to movies and television shows. Revolution customers can capture and share HD images or videos on a 4.3-inch capacitive touchscreen. Built-in HDMI output and SmartShare capability allow customers to share multimedia content with HDMI capable displays, creating an exceptional entertainment experience.

Key features:

4G LTE – customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage areas
    1 GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon® processor
    Android™ 2.2 platform
    Access to more than 200,000 apps available to download from Android Market™
    Bing® Search and Maps
    Adobe® Flash® Player
    Rear-facing 5.0-megapixel camera with autofocus and LED flash
    1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video chat
    720p HD video recording and playback
    Wi-Fi connectivity 802.11 b/g/n
    Mobile Hotspot capability allows customers to share 4G LTE with up to 8 Wi-Fi-enabled devices or a 3G connection with up to 5 devices
    Bluetooth® Version 3.0 Support Profiles: headset, hands-free, object push, advanced audio distribution (stereo), audio/video remote control, file transfer, phone book access

Additional features:

V CAST Apps
    Virtual QWERTY keyboard with SWYPE technology
    Equipped with Dolby® Mobile for a rich listening experience
    Extensive image editor includes: crop, rotate, resize, apply filters, image adjustments, draw, write, erase and add stamps
    16 GB preinstalled microSD card™

Pricing and availability:

Revolution by LG will be available in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores and online at Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless for $249.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
    Revolution customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a data package. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 for monthly access. An unlimited data package is available for $29.99 for monthly access. The Mobile Hotspot feature will be included for a limited time at no additional charge.

The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network, launched in December 2010, is the fastest, most advanced 4G network in the United States, providing speeds up to 10 times faster than Verizon Wireless’ 3G network. Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network currently reaches one-third of all Americans, with plans to expand the network to the company’s entire 3G coverage area over the next three years.

For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless.
    Has anyone else noticed that it seems like Verizon is slowly "creeping" up the prices on their phones? First the Droid Charge comes in high, and now this one... What do you guys think?

Source: Verizon Wireless Full Press Release for LG Revolution

Yeah, well the specs area nearly identical to the Tbotl right? And that came in at 250 as well, so not that out of whack really. The Charge however is.

Makes the $149 rumors about the Bionic very hard to believe. I almost shudder to think about how much they will try to charge for the first few dual-core LTE phones.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by p1ngputts View Post
    All I can think of is Bing® Search and Maps...
    You can still load google maps from the marketplace, and i don't think i ever use the search feature, i always end up on my browser where google is the main screen.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    How much RAM?
    -Jeremy-
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    it does look nice and sleak compared to the tbolt which is slightly more bulkier... which can be good depending on the person

but the 5mp camera, 16gb mem card vs the tbolts 32 and no kickstand makes me wonder if it would be worth it over the tbolt... besides the form factor i dont see anything on this phone that makes it compete with the tbolt... everything this phone has the tbolt has plus more
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    spc_hicks09
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Why is this not rolling out with 2.3 on it? I'm still a little confused as to why all these new phones are still coming out with froyo on them. The kickstand isn't a deal breaker, if I'm going to watch movies, it's either on my tv or laptop. Confused as to why it's coming with Bing Search and Bing Maps. <--Just odd. Mobile hotspot for 4G, wondering how much extra that will cost? Maybe when this comes out, the 4G bugs are fixed? Hmmmm, I don't know, might look into this with my upgrade.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I'd rather have someone crap in a box and put a 4g sticker on it before I bought this phone. It is NOT basically the same as TB. This phone has less Ram, I believe at 512mbs and has Bing. I know the evils of Bing first hand, I have a fascinate.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Verizon may have the best network but their phone selections suck. :thumbdown:
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by spc_hicks09 View Post
    Why is this not rolling out with 2.3 on it? I'm still a little confused as to why all these new phones are still coming out with froyo on them. The kickstand isn't a deal breaker, if I'm going to watch movies, it's either on my tv or laptop. Confused as to why it's coming with Bing Search and Bing Maps. <--Just odd. Mobile hotspot for 4G, wondering how much extra that will cost? Maybe when this comes out, the 4G bugs are fixed? Hmmmm, I don't know, might look into this with my upgrade.
    According to the Verizon site, the Sony Xperia Play will come with 2.3.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links