Almost two weeks ago we shared with you a story on a new Android Gingerbread phone, from Sharp, called the Aquos SH-12C. It appears that this phone is not the only one that Sharp plans to debut in Japan sometime this year. Another one, called the Sharp Aquos Phone The Hybrid 007SH, has emerged from the shadows.
This one looks extremely unique. It too is a Gingerbread powered phone, but it is also an Autostereoscopic 3D phone with a '"clamshell" design! The 3.4 inch display is 3D, but it also flips up, or swivels around to transform into a traditional Android design. Nifty! It also comes with even more fairly impressive and unique feature specs:
- Android 2.3
- 3.4-inch naked-eye 3D LCD touchscreen with 854�--480 resolution
- 0.7-inch OLED sub-display
- 16MP CCD camera with 1,280�--720 HD video recording support
- Waterproof body
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0+EDR
- Digital TV tuner
- Digital wallet function (Felica/RFID)
- Infrared port
- Micro HDMI interface
- Blu-ray recorder connectivity
- microSD/SDHC slot (shipped with a 2GB card inside)
- W-CDMA, GSM
Wow! Waterproof, 16MP camera, and Blu-Ray Recorder connectivity? I'm not sure what to make of that one, but it definitely gets me curious. It's a shame it is only set for Japan for now, but something this impressive would have to eventually show up in the U.S.
As amazing as these two phones look... let's just hope their names are simply internal code-names. If not, Sharp needs to fire their marketing department.
Source: Android.net via PhanDroid