DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nvidia CEO: Why Android tablets aren't selling

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck1125 View Post
    Everyone gripes about the price of Xoom but would someone please tell me of another tab that can do what it does for the same price. Doesn't exist! I looked into everything out there I ***** ed myself about the price but I bought a Zoom and I do not regret it! I have some software and browser issues but theyaare being worked out! Sales issues are a marketing matter get the word out and this thing will sell.
    When it was released, none, but now you have the ASUS Transformer which is by far one of the best out right now.

If I ever get a tablet, It will be the Transformer or one that has the keyboard dock. I love the idea of the dock. My work gave me an iPad (dumb asses for buying them) and though its 'fun', its rubbish if I need to type an e-mail on it. Right now, the only use I have for it is to access my FOG server for imaging workstations if I'm out of my office and happen to have it with me. Other than that, I have no reason to change how I use a computer and software just because tablets exist.
    -------------------------------
    • • • HTC One M8 • • •
    -------------------------------
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Twitter
    chuck1125
    Phone
    motorola droid/Motorola Xoom
    I understand the need to point fingers. Ipad users(my wife ) have the name recognition and I play with her I pad and it has nothing on my Xoom it is a marketing issue plain and simple. Put out what it can do and will be able to do and Xoom and Android systems will come out on top. I have walked into Verizon and saw a customer debating between Ipad and Xoom and side by side comparison I can lay out all the pluses and minuses and that customer will buy a Xoom every time despite the cost. it is expandible with more power and better in every way. Verizon even offered me a job. Lol
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Twitter
    chuck1125
    Phone
    motorola droid/Motorola Xoom
    [quote=johnomaz;1521648]
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck1125 View Post
    Everyone gripes about the price of Xoom but would someone please tell me of another tab that can do what it does for the same price. Doesn't exist! I looked into everything out there I ***** ed myself about the price but I bought a Zoom and I do not regret it! I have some software and browser issues but theyaare being worked out! Sales issues are a marketing matter get the word out and this thing will sell.
    When it was released, none, but now you have the ASUS Transformer which is by far one of the best out right now.

If I ever get a tablet, It will be the Transformer or one that has the keyboard dock. I love the idea of the dock. My work gave me an iPad (dumb asses for buying them) and though its 'fun', its rubbish if I need to type an e-mail on it. Right now, the only use I have for it is to access my FOG server for imaging workstations if I'm out of my office and happen to have it with me. Other than that, I have no reason to change how I use a computer and software just because tablets exist.[/QUOTE

It has a Blue Tooth Keyboard and Mouse support is coming
  4. BOA
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Price price price! This is why I still only have an iPad. You can't just come out and starting competing with a giant on the same price level and think you can win. With time and things improving I see android tablets being able to compete with Apple. I would have bought the Xoom but the price kept me away and I'm glad I didn't buy one because there are more options now.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X and the Xoom
    People are idiots! The Xoom is the best tablet on the market. Ipad2 is still a big iPod. The transformer is good but when will it get updates? Keyboard dock is an expensive, add on gimmick! And if I want a keyboard, I can use my Bluetooth keyboard. The Xoom will get updates first. I'm really enjoying 3.1. Lets see how long it takes for the transformer to get it. The Xoom will probably be on ice cream by then. But hey, at least you'll have a useless keyboard dock.lol
  6. BOA
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by accellpo View Post
    People are idiots! The Xoom is the best tablet on the market. Ipad2 is still a big iPod. The transformer is good but when will it get updates? Keyboard dock is an expensive, add on gimmick! And if I want a keyboard, I can use my Bluetooth keyboard. The Xoom will get updates first. I'm really enjoying 3.1. Lets see how long it takes for the transformer to get it. The Xoom will probably be on ice cream by then. But hey, at least you'll have a useless keyboard dock.lol
    I generally ignore posts like this. The once that starts with "People are idiots... " or something like that.

People have their own opinion and preference. Obviously you like your Xoom and that's great. But everyone uses technology differently and looks for specific things from them. Again everyone has their opinion; they are not idiots because they don't agree with yours!

Just my 2 cents
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X and the Xoom
    Quote Originally Posted by BOA View Post
    I generally ignore posts like this. The once that starts with "People are idiots... " or something like that.

People have their own opinion and preference. Obviously you like your Xoom and that's great. But everyone uses technology differently and looks for specific things from them. Again everyone has their opinion; they are not idiots because they don't agree with yours!

Just my 2 cents

OK, some people are idiots. Hows that?

I'm just saying, a year down the line, you'll see these same people complaining and asking why their cheap honeycomb tablet hasn't received an update. Then they'll say "duuuh, Android is fragmented". We've already seen this movie, yet people continue to buy hardware made by companies with unproven track records. Then they blame Android! Its ridiculous. High end HTC and Motorola devices are the only ones to be trusted at this time. Just my opinion.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    DROIDX
    Quote Originally Posted by Natey2 View Post
    Sometimes, CEOs are forced to answer to investors for poor sales numbers, and a proven strategy (CEO course 101, taught in many MBA programs) is to point a finger(s) at someone else your product's sales numbers is dependant on.
    And sometimes, CEOs have to attend another course called "How not to make dishonest and misleading forward-looking statements" regarding their projected sales numbers. This course is usually conducted by a Securities Litigation attorney in court, where the CEO's finger- pointing skills will not be as effective.

I would have edited my post above but can't for some reason...

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app
  9. BOA
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by BOA View Post

Just my 2 cents

OK, some people are idiots. Hows that?

I'm just saying, a year down the line, you'll see these same people complaining and asking why their cheap honeycomb tablet hasn't received an update. Then they'll say "duuuh, Android is fragmented". We've already seen this movie, yet people continue to buy hardware made by companies with unproven track records. Then they blame Android! Its ridiculous. High end HTC and Motorola devices are the only ones to be trusted at this time. Just my opinion.
    Some point in that. It's like the saying you get what you buy! ASUS is a big player in this too. The Transformer is the one I have my eyes on at the moment. If it ever becomes available lol.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Twitter
    XSYLUS_DEV
    Phone
    DROID 4 • Cricket Wireless
    I don't think the marketing people are aware that there's an economic crisis going on... O_o It's almost like these companies think, "We're hurting for profit so lets make our tech more expensive to supplement our gross." As if the average consumer isn't hurting for cash too. I've been out of college for over a year and barely get any job interviews let alone a full-time job. As much as I love to have a tablet computer, it's a want not a necessity, and at the moment I don't see them as a wise investment. Even worse a new, more feature rich, tablet is released every 4-6 weeks so why fork out a bunch of hard-earned dough on yesterdays model. Okay, I'll stop venting now
    “Innovation is not the product of logical thought..." ~Albert Einstein

Links