DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Droid 3 and Droid X2 Show-Up in Best Buy Database with Model Numbers Confirmed

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2031 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Droid 3 and Droid X2 Show-Up in Best Buy Database with Model Numbers Confirmed

Best Buy already has the Droid 3 and the Droid X2 in their database, with their "official" model numbers, the XT862 and MB870 respectively. This bodes well for a quick launch for both devices this summer. In fact, the "rumor-mill" suggests that we may see the Droid X2 as early as this month of May. Perhaps Motorola decided to swap the release time-frame of the Droid 3 with the new version of the Droid Bionic... we shall have to keep our eyes peeled.

Source: Droid-Life

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    GWAH!!!!! YAY!!!!

I really really really really hope the X2 comes as fully loaded as they're saying it will with this Dualcore 1.2 Ghz chip and 768MB RAM. The qHD will be nice, too.

I just got my Droid X not even a couple months ago... and I'm already prepared to turn around and sell it if I can get my hands on DX2. The only deal breaker would be if it doesn't have the Front Facing Cam. Then, I'll just wait. I don't plan on being in a 4GLTE area for about another year, yet... so that's not a big factor right now.

I also ready in the comments on a news post that Asurion is already shipping out the DX2 as a replacement for the DX. I'm not sure if this is just a rumor or not... but if it can be confirmed as true, sign me up for Asurion right now, because I'm gonna "accidently" drop my X in the toilet. LOL! No. I wouldn't... but if anybody has Asurion and an X they're willing to sacrifice to the almighty Android Deities.... We can get this X2 Ball Rolling!
    Motorola Droid X
    MIUI DefX 2012.5.12
    OCed and UVed.
    My Baby (until the next beast comes along)
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    graymayre
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by DyMiC View Post
    GWAH!!!!! YAY!!!!

I really really really really hope the X2 comes as fully loaded as they're saying it will with this Dualcore 1.2 Ghz chip and 768MB RAM. The qHD will be nice, too.

I just got my Droid X not even a couple months ago... and I'm already prepared to turn around and sell it if I can get my hands on DX2. The only deal breaker would be if it doesn't have the Front Facing Cam. Then, I'll just wait. I don't plan on being in a 4GLTE area for about another year, yet... so that's not a big factor right now.

I also ready in the comments on a news post that Asurion is already shipping out the DX2 as a replacement for the DX. I'm not sure if this is just a rumor or not... but if it can be confirmed as true, sign me up for Asurion right now, because I'm gonna "accidently" drop my X in the toilet. LOL! No. I wouldn't... but if anybody has Asurion and an X they're willing to sacrifice to the almighty Android Deities.... We can get this X2 Ball Rolling!
    I don't suggest ever making a suggestion about intentionally breaking your phone for a quicker cheaper upgrade. I suggest you do not encourage such, either. Thank you

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    My bad. 10Char...
    Motorola Droid X
    MIUI DefX 2012.5.12
    OCed and UVed.
  6. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    360 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    The only deal breaker would be if it doesn't have the Front Facing Cam. Then, I'll just wait.
    None of the leaked images of the X2 seem to show a front facing camera. If those images hold true, that would be a pretty big thing for them to leave out at this point in the game.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    I want the droid 3 for thr qwerty keyboard. But the phone is huge. I have the droid x now and I think its too huge.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

What kind of marketing approach is that to leave it out?

I'm also wondering about Battery Life and whatnot. Does it have a bigger battery? Or the same size? Has it been optimized to use less battery? What? I wanna know.

And the other big question that came to mind:

Since the Tbolt has DUAL RADIOS making it able to Talk'n'Surf... will this have dual radios? And will future phones have dual radios so we can have Voice+Data? That would be awesome. Not a deal breaker... but would be a total amenity.
    Motorola Droid X
    MIUI DefX 2012.5.12
    OCed and UVed.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Gnex, asus transformer

I'm also wondering about Battery Life and whatnot. Does it have a bigger battery? Or the same size? Has it been optimized to use less battery? What? I wanna know.

Since the Tbolt has DUAL RADIOS making it able to Talk'n'Surf... will this have dual radios? And will future phones have dual radios so we can have Voice+Data? That would be awesome. Not a deal breaker... but would be a total amenity.
    From what I hear, on 4g you can talk and use data unlike 3g, obviously. So any phone that's 4g can do that

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by pdc419 View Post

From what I hear, on 4g you can talk and use data unlike 3g, obviously. So any phone that's 4g can do that

It has nothing to do with 4G. It works solely over the 3G/1x network.
  11. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdc419 View Post

not true...well with the htc evo at least...i tried using data and talkin at the same time but it said it connection error
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links