DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Verizon's LTE Growing With Few Speed Bumps; Verizon Still Moving Toward Tierd Pricing

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfang77 View Post
    Seems like the contracts protect the companies while doing nothing for the customers.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tappatalk
    Amen to that!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Nexus/Liquid/Imo
    I agree with the earlier poster about the caps. Throttle the data while giving the option to buy more if you want. Overages are just another way to screw you when you might not be aware....
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    I agree unlimited data should stay.

I also agree when tiered plans do come, it should have some favorable caps: 10GB, 20GB, 30GB. 30GB should be enough even for ppl that stream music. I just found out Tune In Radio app is fixed so now it works like its supposed to. So I will be one of the heavy music streamers soon. Of course Verizon will go with the crowd and wont offer caps nowhere near that high.

I would also pay $10-$20 more for unlimited 4G. I pay a monthly fee for getting newsgroup access form a server that lets me max out my connection speed. (had 20Mbps down with RCN, switched to Comcast and get 60Mbps down for close to the same price) So paying extra for the service is no problem to me. I do it now for my home internet.

Seeing as I use newsgroups alot, and I will probably be using 4G alot, I wouldnt mind. But 2GB and 4GB only plans and then overages like AT&T....I dont think I could handle that now. I hope they follow Sprint's plan.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I think it was either 5 1/2 or 7 1/2 gbs was measured for the avg user...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X 2.3.3 (build 588)
    why are they differentiating themselves from ISP's? THEY ARE ISP's!!!!!!! The only difference is the pipe and end user equipment. We're all just trying to get to the internets...so, why not bill the same?
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    A couple of weeks ago, I receied a letter from AT&T that they are capping my HSI at home!!
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I just can't see myself consuming a ton of data on a tiny smartphone screen. If I watch netflix, it will be on a tablet or laptop (or bigger). Probably why tablet/laptop/datacard plans have been capped at 5 or 10 gigs from the get-go.

Now, because of that constraint, they were able to offer unlimited data on smartphones. But the reality is tethering provides a work around that natural constraint, so here we are. And the irony is that, for the most part, people who are complaining are the ones who brought us to this point with excessive tethering!
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    I welcome a 2-5GB cap as $30 for the 1/4GB I use a month is highway robbery and don't see myself ever using anymore then 2-5 (and haven't even come close to that yet). However, I agree with what people are saying when they're introducing services like Netflix/Hulu which by nature are going to use tons of data only to cap you and charge overages haha. Wifi FTW, I guess....
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    2 to 5 gigs would be great but I have heard, again HEARD, that 4g eats data like crazy. Anyone who uses 4g alot care to confirm or dispute that feel free cause I am interested.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    I just can't see myself consuming a ton of data on a tiny smartphone screen. If I watch netflix, it will be on a tablet or laptop (or bigger). Probably why tablet/laptop/datacard plans have been capped at 5 or 10 gigs from the get-go.

Now, because of that constraint, they were able to offer unlimited data on smartphones. But the reality is tethering provides a work around that natural constraint, so here we are. And the irony is that, for the most part, people who are complaining are the ones who brought us to this point with excessive tethering!
    Yeah, but they are putting that stuff on devices now which is essentially not being supported by the networks... kinda stupid imo, we will figure out ways around it to piss them off probably

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links