DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WSJ Confirms Droid Bionic Delay

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I cannot wait for this huh. but i will.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Dual core or not, it really isn't worth me sticking with Moto once I retire my droid. I would take the TB over even a quad core Moto. They've just done too much to irritate me. Not sure I'll really be sticking with verizon either when my contract is up.
  3. DF News Team
    Member #
    Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMcGuire View Post
    I won't be getting the Targa if I'm forced to endure bloatware that I can't uninstall off MY device.
    I would say about 20% of Smartphone users care having bloatware on their phones and most of them are are forums almost everyday . The other 80% who never go on forums could not care less about the Bloatware. By the way I believe that the Bionic/Targa will be rooted within a week of its release...
    Follow Me On Twitter DroidNCState
    Proverbs 3:5-6 5Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Same here loving my TB I was gunna wait but I was like nahhhh. TB runs great on 4G and dont think it will be any different on motorola since they will probably load it up with things that take away the nice effect of it having a dual core.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by BigMcGuire View Post
    Same, glad I got the Thunderbolt. All the more power to those who want to wait for locked bootloaders and bloatware - I mean Motorola phones! <cough>

Not to start a war here, but the TBolt comes loaded with crap too.....oh and lets not forget sense. Yeah Moto has kinda screwed the pooch with their bloatware but it's nice to see a company push a product that is obviously already outdated so that they can compete when it comes out. besides, and take it for what its worth verizon backed off of their previous statement that upcoming phones and tablets would be locked down.

As far as the TBolt goes it is a great phone for about 4 hours........ blazing fast while it lasts. that is unless you opted to get the tumor for extended battery life.

Just to lighten the mood :

OH SO TRUE!!!!!
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Has anyone notice that the Bionic is no longer on the Moto site?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US...D-BIONIC-US-EN

Hmm...?

You have just been post-pwned.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Like others here moto has lost me, I have had at least 10 moto phones throughout the years and unless they change their ways I'll never have another one and I don't care if I'm the minority. It's my money and my phone and I'll decide what I like and live with the consequences of those decisions.

I got so frustrated with my DX after having the D1 that I bought a TB, even though I prefer the DX design and build quality over the TB. However, I am sick of being limited to what I can run on MY own phone. So until moto unlocks their phones I'll be staying away. As for HTC having bloatware... Well yah, they all do... but as long as I can root and remove it I don't care so bloatware really isn't a deciding factor for me. Soon I'll be able to throw on CM and other aosp roms on my TB which I could never do with any moto phone other than the original Droid. Do I like motos HW? Sure I do, I actually prefer their build quality and design over HTC but I cannot live with the fact that I am limited in what I can do to a phone that I own.

That all said I hope the bionic comes out for those that have been waiting because it's been a long wait for sure...
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Oh and to be clear I'm not saying I couldn't use custom roms on other motos just not pure "aosp" built roms as you cannot change the kernel on any except the Droid. So you can have hacked together roms that will work well by varying degrees but none will work as well as a pure aosp rom built for the phone...
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid
    i still dont understand the whole custom rom bs with moto phones everyones so upset about...was nice on the d1 bc the d1 was limited and devs did what they could to help us get our phones as fast as possible....when you have a duel core phone running optimized im sure there will be no reason to load a custom kernal or rom unless you wanna theme it or remove bloatware n or such diplight n detox...oh wait....you CAN do that with a locked bootloader

people get a grip n stop justifying buying the evo a year after its outdated...i mean thunderbolt oops...moto haters when they bring out the best hardware bar none

locked bootloaders suck and i for one hate the fact their doing it but ur arguments are ridiculous...i want the best physical phone out and i think moto is gonna make it
    OG Droid has evolved into the Droid Bionic...then a Droid RAZR(miss it)
    ...and now a Galaxy Nexus...er Droid NEXUS!

addicted to my droid....
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    rossi636
    Phone
    D1 and iP4S
    Exactly what I thought. Push out a quality phone. Don't be like the competition.

This is why Moto is A+ for me.

Has anyone gone to vote for unlocked bootloaders as an option that consumers want?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...r-instead.html
    David

►o·pen/ˈōpən/
    Accessible to all.
    Allowing access; not locked up.
    Having no means of closing or barring.
    Free from limitations, boundaries, or restrictions.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links