DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Nfl mobile only from verizon brings the 2011 nfl draft to wireless customers like nev

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    Twitter
    droidforums
    Premium Member

Nfl mobile only from verizon brings the 2011 nfl draft to wireless customers like nev

The 2011 NFL Draft is set for the end of April and returning to primetime, and NFL Mobile only from Verizon gives Verizon Wireless customers a front-row seat.

NFL Mobile will have extensive coverage leading up to and during the 2011 NFL Draft, scheduled to take place at New York’s Radio City Music Hall from Thursday, April 28 to Saturday, April 30. Customers using the NFL Mobile app will see a live draft tracker and have access to draft pick analysis from NFL experts. Prospect pages that include integrated video highlights will give fans a look at some of the players coming into the league.

Verizon and the NFL have added new features to NFL Mobile in time for the 2011 NFL Draft: draft alerts give fans a quick link to their favorite team’s page within the app, and Fan War Rooms, which offer users the ability to comment on their team’s draft activity and interact with other fans. NFL Mobile’s Fan War Rooms are fully integrated with NFL.com’s Fan War Rooms, enabling fans to participate in the online discussion using their smartphones.

Customers who download and use NFL Mobile will have access to all content within the app, including the live stream of NFL Network and its 2011 NFL Draft coverage, video on demand and more, at no additional charge through Sept. 1, 2011. Customers must have a data plan on their account to use NFL Mobile. Customers with Android™ phones, including Motorola devices, can download it directly from the Verizon Channel in Android Market™. Customers can also text “NFL” to 8915 for a link to the application.

Since its launch last year, NFL Mobile has been one of Verizon Wireless’ most successful apps, with millions of customers downloading and enjoying a different look at America’s most popular game, and is now available on more than 25 smartphones. Verizon is the official wireless service provider partner for the NFL. For more about NFL Mobile, visit www.verizonwireless.com/nfl.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    397 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    I thought there was a lockout next season. I don't follow football so I don't know if that changed or not.
    -------------------------------
    • • • HTC One M8 • • •
    -------------------------------
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Yep. And that will be the last NFL event you'll see for quite a while it looks like on that app.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

Unhappy

Does anyone on this forum realize that this app is not supported on the Thunderbolt!! Go figure.
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alant40 View Post
    Does anyone on this forum realize that this app is not supported on the Thunderbolt!! Go figure.
    What's the message? I don't understand why it wouldn't work on TB, it's using Froyo 2.2 right?
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    What's the message? I don't understand why it wouldn't work on TB, it's using Froyo 2.2 right?
    Go to the market and read all the comments. It is not supported on the Thunderbolt. Can't tell you why.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Go to the market and read all the comments. It is not supported on the Thunderbolt. Can't tell you why.
    Makes no darn sense that the NFL Mobile app doesn't work on the Thunderbolt. Come on Verizon! Draft is less than 2 weeks away and it would be nice to have this app by then but I doubt us Thunderbolt users will.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG VX8700
    Vz support confirmed with me.

NFL app does NOT WORK on thunderbolt.

I'm confused why this is a problem.
  9. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Nope no tbolt support, may have to keep my droid on me during the draft so I can stay up to speed. Hopefully they get that fixed.

Links