DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 49 of 113 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: P3Droid: Some Food for Thought - Bootloaders, Rooting, Manufacturers, and Carriers

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cynnar View Post
    What are your thoughts on how vzw will try to catch root users?

Sent from OG Droid powered by Pete's GPA
    if they want to do it, they have the right to do it. i dont really care. it sucks, because i love modding my phone, but not a deal breaker for me. my next phone will still be an android regardless of how "open" it is.
    Here Here. Yeah I know they have the right, but do you really think it will stop. After all wasn't it Microsoft who said that windows XP could not be pirated. Think it was just a few days it was cracked.

2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Bad example I know.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Farva0412
    Phone
    T-Bolt --- OMFGB
    Here is a plain solution. If the dev community feels this way we should STOP tethering. By a disclaimer or having ROMS that only allow official tethering from the phone. I dont know, but its completely unfair that a fat ass tethering hog (the ones out there) ruin it for all of us.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/signaturepics/sigpic73214_1.gif
    Once a Rooter, ALWAYS a Rooter!
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    What are your thoughts on how vzw will try to catch root users?

if they want to do it, they have the right to do it. i dont really care. it sucks, because i love modding my phone, but not a deal breaker for me. my next phone will still be an android regardless of how "open" it is.
    Here Here. Yeah I know they have the right, but do you really think it will stop. After all wasn't it Microsoft who said that windows XP could not be pirated. Think it was just a few days it was cracked.

No not at all, I'm sure someone will figure out root. I was just saying it wouldn't matter to me either way. I'm not going to base my next phone decision on whether it can be rooted. Nor will I go to the Supreme Court because VZW doesn't want me to root my phone.

The truth of the matter is, I'm not some loyal fan of this p3droid guy and I don't take anything as gold until I hear it from the source. I can put up a site, cite unnamed sources and make up stories too.
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTyler0013 View Post
    Here is a plain solution. If the dev community feels this way we should STOP tethering. By a disclaimer or having ROMS that only allow official tethering from the phone. I dont know, but its completely unfair that a fat ass tethering hog (the ones out there) ruin it for all of us.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
    no chance this will ever happen, far too many entitled folks out there...
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Most agreed. Only when it happens will we know for sure. And you are right again if vzw says no root or it is jail or huge fine. I choose no root. The phone was great before I had root. Would not like it as much after the faster kernels, but hey I'm due for an upgrade anyway.

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 2.3.20.A955
    It really peeves me that people like czerdrill and hookbill and others go against the argument of others and basically imply "well Verizon and Google are 100% right, we should abide by everything they say and pass on the word that rooting is wrong, customizing your phone is wrong, this and that is wrong and it's in the ToS!"

Kind of stupid you're implying that when the lot of you were and have been doing the exact same thing the rest of us have been doing for awhile. Which includes rooting, any form of customizing, and stuff to improve our phone or battery life. You're on a forum that is and was built for hackers, improvisors, tips and tricks from others, and many other people in those categories. Heck, even the rescue squad relies in areas to, by ways of rooting and other stuff, rescue people's phone.

Maybe you guys should go to another forum? Maybe you should reside at the VZW's forum site and jump on their bandwagon and praise their ToS?

We don't support those who cheat and steal data. We do understand the reason WHY some do it (price and cap). We don't support pirating. We've supported many different devs, and I'll bet my bottom dollar you've paid for such apps, simple donation, or anything else that goes against Verizon's ToS verbally.

You guys want to say more, then you know where VZW's site is. I'm gonna stay rooted and continue customizing my phone as I see fit. If they wish to do anything to my service, where it is no longer working correctly, then I will be more than happy to take both of our phones and personally shove it up VZW's where the sun don't shine. And then I will see them in court!
    Funny how some people complain more than my 2 year old daughter does.
  8. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    You cant blame tethering just on root users. I was tethering through easy root and pdanet long before I was rooted. In fact I tether less because wifi tethering is bad on battery life, and because I can oc my phone is a little faster. The primary reason is because of people sending in bricked devices. No one want to say, I damaged my phone I need to you my insurance here is 50 bucks. They rather say "my phone locked up".
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Phone
    Moto X / 4.4
    No one cares if Android is open except us. Android is still great, and will still continue to be great. It wasn't the D1's openness that made it a great phone like some people like to think. And it wasn't the rooting community that bought Motorola "from the brink" as others like to say.
    Pretty much. The top 2-3 things that this community LOVES about Android aren't even things that Google, the carriers, or builders advertise or claim as a selling points. Like over clocking, ROMs, and system tweaking.

Here's my "thing"... What I don't like about the Android handset makers are the slipshod update deliveries and schedules, forced UIs, and bloatware. If they make these things unavoidable then there really isn't much keeping me here. What I like about Android is that these things (with minimal effort) are in my control more or less, and when combined with the naturally flexible experience of Android I found it perfect for me.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSwaggeR View Post
    It really peeves me that people like czerdrill and hookbill and others go against the argument of others and basically imply "well Verizon and Google are 100% right, we should abide by everything they say and pass on the word that rooting is wrong, customizing your phone is wrong, this and that is wrong and it's in the ToS!"

Kind of stupid you're implying that when the lot of you were and have been doing the exact same thing the rest of us have been doing for awhile. Which includes rooting, any form of customizing, and stuff to improve our phone or battery life. You're on a forum that is and was built for hackers, improvisors, tips and tricks from others, and many other people in those categories. Heck, even the rescue squad relies in areas to, by ways of rooting and other stuff, rescue people's phone.

Maybe you guys should go to another forum? Maybe you should reside at the VZW's forum site and jump on their bandwagon and praise their ToS?

We don't support those who cheat and steal data. We do understand the reason WHY some do it (price and cap). We don't support pirating. We've supported many different devs, and I'll bet my bottom dollar you've paid for such apps, simple donation, or anything else that goes against Verizon's ToS verbally.

You guys want to say more, then you know where VZW's site is. I'm gonna stay rooted and continue customizing my phone as I see fit. If they wish to do anything to my service, where it is no longer working correctly, then I will be more than happy to take both of our phones and personally shove it up VZW's where the sun don't shine. And then I will see them in court!
    You go man. But come on we all know, love, and support our devs. I'm just not going to go to jail for a freaking phone. I have a family yo support. Can't do it from jail.

Will vzw go that far who knows.

Page 49 of 113 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast

Links