DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PSX4Droid Playstation Emulator Pulled From Android Market; Consipracy Theories Abound

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2078 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

PSX4Droid Playstation Emulator Pulled From Android Market; Consipracy Theories Abound

In a move that has some people scratching their heads, and others suggesting conspiracies, Google has pulled the PSX4Droid PlayStation Emulator from the Android Market, citing "Content Policy violation". It does seem a little suspect considering that Sony is one of Google's mobile partners, and we are soon to get the new Sony Ericsson Xperia Play (PlayStation Phone). When questioned about the issue, Google responded with a simple, "We remove apps from Android Market that violate our policies."

It's important to note that while the developer himself believes that Sony is behind this, others in the industry point a finger at his improper GPL Licensing. Also, another PlayStation emulator, FPSe, is still on the Android Market, so that throws another "logic-wrench" in the conspiracy theory. What do you guys think?

Source: AndroidCentral
    Member #
    Twitter
    bigwilly90210
    Phone
    R2D2 Apex 1.4.1 ULV 1.15ghz
    I call bs either way. It is awfully suspicious with the impending release of the Xperia Play that all of a sudden the most popular PSX emulator on the Market suddenly gets pulled. This plus HTC/Motorola's locked bootloaders and the Honeycomb source possibly not ever being released I'm not excited at all about the direction Google/Android is going. Not enough to jump ship, but I'm pretty sure we've seen the last of the REAL good phones like the OG Droid. *sigh*
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    I personally don't care, I don't use my phone for gaming except in the most dire situations, I have a real PS3 for when I want to actually game.

Playing serious titles on my 3.7in screen is a joke to me at best.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    its not like psx4droid works well anyway... who knows, he probably had google pull it so he didn't have to work on it anymore and people would stop complaining

/conspiracy

that is odd though. i wonder how i will get my copy of it back, it isn't installed on my phone now, i wonder if i can get an apk of it from his website? there is gonna be a lot of angry people who can't get their paid app now
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Hemorrdroid
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by beneharris View Post
    its not like psx4droid works well anyway... who knows, he probably had google pull it so he didn't have to work on it anymore and people would stop complaining

/conspiracy

that is odd though. i wonder how i will get my copy of it back, it isn't installed on my phone now, i wonder if i can get an apk of it from his website? there is gonna be a lot of angry people who can't get their paid app now
    Are you rooted? Do you have a nandroid backup or Titanium backup?
    Thunderbolt
    CM7 Pre-Alpha
    Good bye MOTO
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    i am rooted, i'll have to check and see hiow far back my nandroid backups go, i may have one with it in there
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    I should have downloaded it when I had the chance honestly. Though I'm sure the apk will be available online.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    my guess is its because google didnt like the way he was distributing the app. seeing as whenever he released a major update he would make it a totally different app you would have to purchase again. first psx emulator he released was called psx4droid, and when there was a major update, instead of updating that app he just released another app called psx4droidv2. maybe google dont play that. or it could just be the apps sent signals to the satellites and they watched us.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I don't mean to really bash on any one or complain, but I honestly think the dev was trying to squeeze the money out of people. The emulator was good to me it (no problems at all) all I wanted to play RPGs on my android since its no action gaming device.

I think he was supposed to work on th N64 emu too but no word on it, I really don't think he wanted to keep on working on the android platform. Or maybe he has things to do.

Graphic Designs Beast W/ DROID 2.2-1hgz
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Correction sorry I just fount out that he did finish n64oid. Nvm

Graphic Designs Beast W/ DROID 2.2-1hgz
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links