If you are one of the lucky folks that recently got the new TBolt, but also a bit unlucky because you are experiencing 3G problems, then this article will be very beneficial to you. Apparently, many folks are experiencing problems getting 3G data when they are in a non-4G area. Go figure... At any rate, a sharp individual named landle, at Android Central, explains that Thunderbolt uses the eHPRD 3G network to speed the handoff between 3G and 4G data, but it has some issues right now. There is a fix though and it is detailed below.
- Go to the ThunderBolt's phone dialer. Enter ##778# and hit Send.
- You'll get a pop-up labeled EPST, with the choice to "View Mode" or "Edit Mode." You want "Edit Mode."
- You'll be asked for a password. It's 000000.
- Now flip down to "Modem Settings," and then choose "Rev. A."
- Change the setting from eHRPD to "Enable," hit OK, then press the Menu button on the phone and tap "Commit Modifications."
After that the phone will reboot and your issues will be resolved. The article also points out that once Verizon gets their network reorganized, you will want to change this setting back, but in the meantime, go enjoy your newly improved speeds!