DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon Beats Google/Apple with Cloud Drive Media Streaming Services.

1. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    I just tried to get an answer on why I lose out on 20 gb for my free incentive to pay 50.00 for the additional space. I didn't get an answer, I will get an email in 2 or 3 business days.

lol, really that's not bad, it's just these days we expect everything immediately.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Twitter
    RobertMilk
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    I just tested the Cloud Drive using 3G by listening to a couple of songs on the Amazon Cloud Drive. on my Droid 1, the Amazon MP3 Cloud Player worked flawlessly. To me, the music sounded very good and I think music played in the Droid music player also sounds good. My ears are nearly 60 years old so nearly all MP3 music sounds good to me; I am not an audiophile.

I uploaded an album and I purchased an album on Amazon. I was able to listen to all music on the Cloud Drive. In addition I used the cloud player to listen to music on my Droid. It is easy to upload music to the Amazon Cloud Drive.

I also used the Amazon Cloud Player (browser-based) to listen to the same music on the Cloud Drive on my PC. The browser-based Cloud Player does not have access to music on your hard drive.

I also downloaded the entire album to my PC. I had to install the Amazon downloader. Once installed, the download was quick and it automatically added (synced) the album to both Windows Media Player and iTunes.

This seems like an excellent service and I can hardly wait to see what Google and others have to to offer.

Bob
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Since I need 21 gb of space I had to purchase the next amount of storage space which is 50 gb at $50.00. But since I already had the 20GB of space even though you press the 50.00 button it only charges you $30.00.

I had a rep on line walking me through this. He wasn't sure it would work that way but he was prepared to give me a $20.00 credit if it didn't. It did.

So I'll begin the long task of moving my music over to the cloud for storage. I have a back up drive for my Mac, but you never know when something can go wrong. And now anything I want to listen to on my phone I can stream. Pretty cool. Too bad it doesn't work with my iPad though. But that's still OK since you can purchase the music to your hard drive and then upload it to the cloud I can still stream it from my iMac to my iPad. Works out well either way.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    google's cloud/media streaming service must be close...
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Phone
    Moto X / 4.4
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post

That was the first thought I had too. I buy plenty of music from AMZ so I'm not rushing to buy this very second. As usual I'll have a song or two from them by the end of the week.

But, I'm REALLY interested to hear what Google Music will be like.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post

That was the first thought I had too. I buy plenty of music from AMZ so I'm not rushing to buy this very second. As usual I'll have a song or two from them by the end of the week.

yeah I already pay $5/year (or whatever it is) for 20gb on Google, so hopefully that will carry over to their streaming service
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post

yeah I already pay $5/year (or whatever it is) for 20gb on Google, so hopefully that will carry over to their streaming service
    I'm guessing it will. I also pay for extra storage. I just wish they would hurry up. It's taking them a long time to get this done.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I have some dumb questions. Can I use cloud storage to back up my songs? Or, is it just there to listen to music. In other words, if I upload a song to my Amazon cloud storage and my computer crashes can I then download the song back to my new computer? Also, is this like Rhapsody where you can only have a certain amount of licenses? Finally, if I buy a song from my phone and have it sent to my cloud storage, is it stuck there? Or can I download it when I get home.

If it's just storing it DRM free and I can download it whenever I want I'm leaving Rhapsody. Then maybe when Google comes out with theirs I'll upload everything to Google's cloud storage because I feel their prices are going to be a little better.

Also, it seems to me on the front page of Amazon.com it says that when you purchase music from Amazon it doesn't count against your quota. If that's true I'll just buy from Amazon for everything.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR
    I have nearly 300gb of music, so cloud storage at this point won't really cut it for me... doesn't mean I didn't sign up!

But also, 5GB isnt very much space at all, I mean, our phones have a 16gb card in them.. we can all easily put 5gb of music on there and still have a TON of space for pics and videos.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note 3
    I just signed up for this. Even though I have my 30GB of music on Google's Doc servers (yeah can't stream), I got my 20GB of free space and am streaming to my Thunderbolt as we speak. Love original bitrate streaming. So long Slacker and Pandora. Very seriously considering getting 50GB for $30 and putting all my music up in the cloud again.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Links