DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'No Way' and 'Steep Climb' quote from FCC Official on AT&T/T-Mobile Merger

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    The FCC is going to approve this, don't be fooled...all they are doing is quieting down the drama by saying they're going to give this a hard time but it's hogwash, media damage control 101 for dummies, pick it up at your local library.
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    motorolla a855
    At&t has terrible service and so does t mobile but combined they won't have so many dropped calls therefore the company is better, plus more customer would mean more money which means they can keep up and try to be a better company which in turn makes more money. I think we can all agree verizon is bigger and better than at&t and if they didn't do something there wasn't gonna be much room for them to compete. so I don't know what you mean by getting leverage to not deal with competition they were lagging behind tthis was more of a desperate move to keep up. The case I was making about the 3 billion was that if they get cut down by the govt they will lose that 3 bill and be worse off then they were before they tried to get bigger and better. the little guys give no competion they were the last guys to get smart phones. I already gave some examples of them competeing at&t come out with iphone, verizon comes out with droid and several other phones, then. They both lowered there prices to 90 bucks a month for a smartphone plan, at&t lost iphone exclusive, verizon with its better service and now endless phone could just wipe out the competion now by lowering prices on phones or monthly plans but instead change return policy, upgrading policy, and soon to change there data pricing all in there favor. We have put a ceiling on how successfull a company can be so they just float around mediocrity never striving to be the best. There's never been a record of a naturely acuring monoploy that raised prices to screw everyone the closest thing to that was in the early 1900s when we raised import tarriffs so high that we completely cut off imports and by that taking away competion from other countrys and cutting supply and in effect raising prices. Showing once again every time the govt touches anything all goes to hell.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    AT&T had a pathetic 3G presence, and their 4G was even more pathetic. They really need this merger to succeed or they will probably not stay solvent because VZW and even Sprint have a better grip on 4G.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan1600 View Post
    AT&T had a pathetic 3G presence, and their 4G was even more pathetic. They really need this merger to succeed or they will probably not stay solvent because VZW and even Sprint have a better grip on 4G.
    But don't make the mistake of assuming that service is going to spell success in their alphabet soup though, devices are very important and Verizon is simply failing gratuitously in this department yet again. 2 years ago this didn't matter to the customer as much because smartphones were not a necessity as it's seen in society today, if the merger goes though and the cards play well for AT&T, and Verizon continues to drop the ball with flagship Android devices Verizon could quickly find it's self losing big chunks of previously loyal customers. Verizon service is great, but with no flagship devices taking advantage of it it doesn't matter to the consumer as a whole. People will go where the devices are found, period.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    AT&T SGS2
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan1600 View Post
    Not all coverage on AT&T is Pathetic. I was with VZW for 6 years(left Oct 2010) and I had spots that always dropped calls because of No Coverage. Moved to T-Mobile and has similar areas where I lost coverage or went to Edge.

Now as of March 7th I went to AT&T and got everyone's favorite Fruit Phone. The inability to increase the battery size on the Inspire and Bootloader/Smaller Screen on Atrix killed Android for me. As of today my phone is always in 3G has hasn't dropped a single call. It is nice streaming Sirius and other radio to my Car Stereo because it NEVER cuts out.

I also got unlimited data with my Fruit Phone. Not to mention speeds that I have seen posted are faster than LTE areas for VZW.

As for the merger, this will go through. They will do like VZW did with Alltell and AT&T did with Cingular by divesting overlapping Networks.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    What I've found as well is that while Verizon covers more people, AT&T's coverage (where there is coverage), has always been better, at least in my neck of the woods. When I had AT&T I almost always had full 3G while in the city, however with Verizon I hover around 1-3 bars while in the city.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links