DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Verizon 4G LTE Samsung Phone to be Named the Droid Charge

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tgyberg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    **ck throws hands up and walks away**

Droid--->ether--->this thread
    Where ya headed? Sprint?! I thought anything with the Droid name would be a flagship type phone. What's with the middle of the road stuff?!
    Verizon has basically tossed Android aside. We get the scraps.

If the Targa falls through it's the iPhone 5 (NEVER thought that would come out of my mouth lol) or I move over to Sprint. The situation is that dire.

I refuse to purchase the low end crapola they are giving us. Wont do it. Sad day in Android land for me.

I feel like i have been holding onto the ledge with one hand and my fingers have been slowly slipping off one by one. I'm now hanging by 2 fingers.

As I just posted a bit ago in another news thread, I agree. Verizon has gone back to their old ways...just goes to show how Apple is controlling the market with their very presence. Before they got Apple's blessing it was all about android. Now...it's the bastard red headed stepchild.
  2. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    You got it Hugh ....

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    yet another let down from VZW... yet I will not buy an iPhone...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    is this the Samsung Stealth that was being rumored, or is that something different??

so disappointing... 2011 had/has a ton of promise of being a huge year with all the new tech - dual cores, quad cores following shortly behind, NFC, video and gaming, etc. being the largest national carrier, VZW had/has a huge opportunity to solidify itself with the millions and millions and millions of us who really like Andy. but, all VZW seems to care about is the fruit - again, disappointing.

i may be left with little choice but to go to at&t... *i threw up in my mouth a little bit just saying that*
    "Maybe you guys need a refresher course - it's all ballbearings nowadays!!" -- Fletch

"Goonga Galoonga...No - Goonga Lagoonga..." -- Carl, "Caddyshack"
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Att and get what ???????? Only thing Id try to leave for is the Evo 3D ... That looks awesome. Id way rather have a Thunderbolt over a Atrix, I have a TB and my friend has a Atrix, he even agrees my phone is better
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Thunderbolt is good but it does nothing in terms of being revolutionary in any way except having 4G capability. It's just another evolutionary phone, everyone is looking for that awesome device that's just on the horizon that is going to shake up the game, and if current trend is any indication, VZW isn't going to have it because they'll be too busy licking the teets of their new cash cow, Apple.

And I'm with Kate, it makes me sick.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    So this fuss is about RAM and CPU?

Could someone clue me in and say what you need a dual core for? I can think of games that have yet to come out and that's it. 1080p recording is supposedly doable with the Charge so it's not that...and let's not kid ourselves anyway by saying the 1080p coming out of phones is better than high quality 720p

This thread seemed like the best place to ask that because you're all obviously passionate about revolutionary specs. If it's games well I can understand that. I'm not a phone gamer so LTE and other specs become king.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Being a tech junkie you want the shiny new toy... which right now is dual-core, 3D, more RAM etc.

It's more frustration on our end that all of these manufacturers are coming out with new devices but they're road mapped for other carriers first, with VZW taking a back seat. It's becoming clear that VZW's commitment is to Apple, not Android, and it's a painful pill to swallow.
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    i agree with Huge/Hugh. while the TB is a nice solid device, i don't think it has much of a future. single core, 4.3" screen, etc... yawn. given it's specs, i have my doubts as to whether it will capable of updating to the new OS versions that are coming down the pike. and my fear is that the clamor for it (437 threads about a release date ) could only reinforce VZW's decision to continue feeding us middle of the road devices...

i certainly hope i'm wrong, and that once VZW ropes in all of the iP users it will get back to bringing us the cutting edge/revolutionary devices utilizing the OS that has revolutionized the smart phone in just over a year.
    "Maybe you guys need a refresher course - it's all ballbearings nowadays!!" -- Fletch

"Goonga Galoonga...No - Goonga Lagoonga..." -- Carl, "Caddyshack"
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by adjangs View Post
    So this fuss is about RAM and CPU?

Could someone clue me in and say what you need a dual core for? I can think of games that have yet to come out and that's it. 1080p recording is supposedly doable with the Charge so it's not that...and let's not kid ourselves anyway by saying the 1080p coming out of phones is better than high quality 720p

This thread seemed like the best place to ask that because you're all obviously passionate about revolutionary specs. If it's games well I can understand that. I'm not a phone gamer so LTE and other specs become king.
    It's for the future. Right now, no it's not a must have but with Verizon making it harder and harder to upgrade early you're going to have to stick with the same phone for a lot longer. Also, with more and more manufacturers locking their hardware down it's getting harder to to put custom roms on phones which helps keep them up to date. Because of this, if your phone already doesn't have that great of specs it's just one more excuse the manufacturer can use for why they didn't send out an update for your phone to a new OS version. It's really about future proofing your phone, at least to me anyway. A lot of us still have OG Droids and the first Droid was revolutionary. So I think it's only right that we have another revolutionary phone to upgrade to, not one that isn't a whole lot better than the one we currently have.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links