DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: HTC Thunderbolt Battery Test from SlashGear Reveals Potentially Weak Battery Life

  1. Senior Droid
    AmericanNomads's Avatar
    Member #
    58175
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Akron Ohio
    Posts
    190
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    #41
    Quote Originally Posted by mjforte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I guess I'll wait for that rooftop lightning rod charger in the Verizon commercial to be stocked be
    fore I upgrade. I thought that was just hype...

    Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App
    lol...

    It looks like, based on comments on here, LTE seems to be the likely culprit... either keeping a signal, finding a signal, or just flat out using it.
    I can attest to that as I am in a non LTE area and my battery life seems about the same or so as my OG Droid was so it has to be LTE. Are the crazy speeds worth it if your phone is dead in a few hours?

    Sent from my Bolt!
    Yes, yes it is haha. This phone is flying. I ran a speedtest (not the app thats proven to be infalted) and I had 19mbps last night. This phone is awesome
  2. Droid
    macdonaldj2's Avatar
    Member #
    112767
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    61
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #42
    I charged my battery full overnight got up this morning at 9am, browsed the internet, used usa today app for about 20 minutes, then went to the mall, while the wife looked around I was running speed tests, and browsing facebook and the internet, did a couple of sms' and a couple phone calls...now all in a 4G area battery at almost 3pm = 81%...I would call what I did moderate use, no GPS, no Pandora, the extended battery seems to be holding its own
  3. him
    him is offline
    Senior Droid
    him's Avatar
    Member #
    12218
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    144
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #43
    For those saying disable 4g doesn't matter I live in an only 3g area and battery sucks also. Phone is awesome so I don't care so much...
  4. Droid Sensei
    kodiak799's Avatar
    Member #
    39354
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,704
    Liked
    399 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #44
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    It looks like, based on comments on here, LTE seems to be the likely culprit... either keeping a signal, finding a signal, or just flat out using it.
    It's supposed to be a stronger, more consistent signal. You get your data faster so that should be better on battery. I bet the culprit is finding or keeping a signal, especially in the fringe areas they refer to as "extended 4G" where you connect to 3G under certain conditions.

    That's why apps should help considerably, where something like Locale or Tasker will only enable LTE when you are in an area with a good LTE signal. In other words, define a radius and if you get outside of that radius the LTE radio gets shut off.
  5. Master Droid
    mjforte's Avatar
    Member #
    30354
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    280
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #45
    How are you guys telling what your exact percentage is? Under battery it only shows green bars for me but no percentage.

    Sent from my Bolt!
  6. Master Droid
    BGKris's Avatar
    Member #
    138992
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Orange County,CA
    Posts
    413
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #46
    Quote Originally Posted by macdonaldj2 View Post
    I charged my battery full overnight got up this morning at 9am, browsed the internet, used usa today app for about 20 minutes, then went to the mall, while the wife looked around I was running speed tests, and browsing facebook and the internet, did a couple of sms' and a couple phone calls...now all in a 4G area battery at almost 3pm = 81%...I would call what I did moderate use, no GPS, no Pandora, the extended battery seems to be holding its own
    Same here except I've been using Pandora for about 15 mins. Without the extended batt. My phone would probably be dead by now.
  7. Senior Droid
    Vito.a's Avatar
    Member #
    175592
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rosamond, CA
    Posts
    208
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    RAZR
    #47
    I played with the demo Thunderbolt at Best Buy. I had to cut it short after a few minutes as the battery died. The sales person said the battery does not last well. They charge it all night and between customers, but it will not make it through the day.
  8. Senior Droid
    Sherry's Avatar
    Member #
    14374
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Great Smoky Mountains NC
    Posts
    174
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Droid DNA
    #48
    My battery life is not great, but it will last with moderate useage from about 9 - 5 before it goes into the orange bar. Last night I sat and listened to music on the phone for about 45 minutes and was very surprised the battery didn't drain as much as I expected about 25%. I do live in a 3G area and am usually in "plug" distance but am considering the second batter as a backup.
  9. Super Moderator
    jntdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    6110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    6,438
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    #49
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    It looks like, based on comments on here, LTE seems to be the likely culprit... either keeping a signal, finding a signal, or just flat out using it.
    It's supposed to be a stronger, more consistent signal. You get your data faster so that should be better on battery. I bet the culprit is finding or keeping a signal, especially in the fringe areas they refer to as "extended 4G" where you connect to 3G under certain conditions.

    That's why apps should help considerably, where something like Locale or Tasker will only enable LTE when you are in an area with a good LTE signal. In other words, define a radius and if you get outside of that radius the LTE radio gets shut off.
    Good point... so, assuming that's true, if I'm in the middle of a strong LTE area 99% of my time (i.e. DFW), my battery life on LTE should be pretty solid, right?
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

    Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  10. Master Droid
    funkyb's Avatar
    Member #
    177561
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    286
    Phone
    HTC Tunderbolt
    #50
    I've been on battery for 8.5 hours now, on LTE all day, am at 67% now.

    - Powered by 1.21 Gigawatts of Android
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Tips to Help Improve Battery Life on ThunderBolt
    By guitarchris123 in forum HTC ThunderBolt Battery Discussions
    Replies: 701
    Last Post: 01-14-2012, 06:20 PM
  2. over heating and weak battery issue
    By r1nstang in forum ChevyNo1
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 05:48 AM
  3. Battery life test - video
    By CorvetteAustin24 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 09:12 AM

Search tags for this page

average battery life of htc thunderbolt
,
htc thunderbolt average battery life
,
htc thunderbolt battery life
,
htc thunderbolt battery review
,
htc thunderbolt battery test
,

htc thunderbolt battery upgrade

,
thunderbolt average battery life
,

thunderbolt battery life

,

thunderbolt battery review

,
verizon thunderbolt battery life
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+