DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: Verizon announces HTC Thunderbolt with March 17th release date

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Does Amazon work with annual upgrades? My 2 year/NE2 isn't until November.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note 3
    Mine is in August and it said I wasn't eligible for an upgrade. So I'd assume no.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747 View Post
    Vzw not honoring 1yr deals "we treating it likke the iphone" so if want a tb gonna have to go best buy.
    I was told you can do a 1 year at a Verizon store. Either way though I would recommend a 2 year, that way you are locked in for unlimited 4G longer.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG VX8700
    Quote Originally Posted by bazar6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ke0kie View Post
    ...Free mobile (4g) hotspot till 5/15 is sweet. I live in NYC (4g coverage available), so this should be great. I figure by 5/15, we should be able to root the phone, and I'll install WiFi tether (same as I'm using on my rooted OG Droid).

I'm a productivity user (ie not a game user) so this phone should be great for me, plenty fast, lots of space; I'm really excited about the new device.

Getting used to its size will be interesting, though!

--Scott
    Great news dude, the Thunderbolt was rooted a month ago, way before the phone even had an exact launch date! : Thunderbolt gets root and NAND access | Android Central
    Sweet. I'll start digging for the procedure. I'd like to wait till there is a procedure for a retail phone (if existing ones are on pre-production units).

I just read on the Amazon site that mobile hotspot won't be available at launch (and thus the freeness is delayed), can anyone that has a physical phone confirm that?

--Scott
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    This post is from my iPad2... Through my TB. Mobile hotspot works fine...and it is fast

Quote Originally Posted by bazar6 View Post
    ...Free mobile (4g) hotspot till 5/15 is sweet. I live in NYC (4g coverage available), so this should be great. I figure by 5/15, we should be able to root the phone, and I'll install WiFi tether (same as I'm using on my rooted OG Droid).

I'm a productivity user (ie not a game user) so this phone should be great for me, plenty fast, lots of space; I'm really excited about the new device.

Getting used to its size will be interesting, though!

--Scott

Great news dude, the Thunderbolt was rooted a month ago, way before the phone even had an exact launch date! : Thunderbolt gets root and NAND access | Android Central
    Sweet. I'll start digging for the procedure. I'd like to wait till there is a procedure for a retail phone (if existing ones are on pre-production units).

I just read on the Amazon site that mobile hotspot won't be available at launch (and thus the freeness is delayed), can anyone that has a physical phone confirm that?

--Scott
  6. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    Premium Member
    Yeah hotspot works great.. ran my D1 on it to take pictures of my TB and email to some friends.. Sure my D1 ain't an Ipad or Xoom, but it is my new wifi device.. LOL
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    And I am talking to my wife while I am surfing...v/d at the same time...Niiiiice
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747 View Post
    Vzw not honoring 1yr deals "we treating it likke the iphone" so if want a tb gonna have to go best buy.
    I was told you can do a 1 year at a Verizon store. Either way though I would recommend a 2 year, that way you are locked in for unlimited 4G longer.
    I was also told 1-year was feasible at a Verizon store today. I'm a little reluctant to re-up with them for another 2 years because I think it's still too early to evaluate the impact of all the iPhone people flooding onto to VZW. Locking in unlimited 4G for 2 years = good. Locking yourself into a network bogged down by iPhone people = bad.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I got mine at 9am at a local Verizon store. They said I could use my NE2 upgrade discount, $30, or my corporate discount, but not both. Since it was $199 with my company discount, I went with that. I also get a discount on accessories, so I got the holster with it, for a total of $241. I asked if I could transfer my NE2 credit to another line, but she said "It's gone."

The phone is heavy and feels solid. Much more responsive than my Droid1 for sure, but the battery does seem to drain quickly. The 4G signal goes in and out in my location, but so far I've only tested youtube video in high quality. The loading takes almost no time and seeking is very responsive. I'm really liking it so far.

Did anybody get the headphones that were rumored to come with the unit? Not a big deal since I have several good sets, but I was just wondering.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG VX8700
    Quote Originally Posted by wctaylor79 View Post
    Yeah hotspot works great.. ran my D1 on it to take pictures of my TB and email to some friends.. Sure my D1 ain't an Ipad or Xoom, but it is my new wifi device.. LOL
    Running the D1 on the TB as a wifi hotspot I love it. That is greatness, I just got my shipment confirmation email from Vz, so I'll be doing the same soon!

What is the market like on a used D1 on ebay? I'm thinking about offsetting my cost by selling. I do like the D1 though, maybe I'll just hold onto it.

--Scott
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Links