Here's a profile of a nifty little app called "OurGroceries". This ultra-useful creation helps you digitally share constantly synced grocery lists with your family or SO. You don't have to fumble around with a notepad stuck to the refrigerator anymore, or risk losing the list you made on that napkin. It has a simple-to-use interface which makes it extra valuable to those "technologically challenged" family members. The tool even includes multiple lists, favorite meals, and recipe lists. Here's a list created by the developer showing off the large amount of features and uses the app includes.
Take your shopping list with you wherever you go
- Never leave your shopping list at home again—it’s always with you on your mobile phone or web browser.
- Tap the “+” button to add an item to the shopping list. Type in a new item name, or choose from a list of all the items you’ve entered in the past.
- Tap the arrow to the right of an item to change its name, delete it, or increase or decrease its quantity.
- While shopping, simply tap an item to cross it off. Tap a crossed-off item to return it to the list.
- You can drag items around to suit the order you walk through the store.
- You can create categories or aisles and drag items into them to make shopping even easier and faster.
Share shopping lists amongst everyone in your household
- Every change to your shopping list is visible within seconds on any other mobile phone grouped with yours, and our website.
- Group phones by entering the same email address on all of them in the Settings screen.
- We’ll send you a confirmation email for each phone you wish to share your list with.
- Once you click on the link in the confirmation email, your phones are all automatically kept in sync.
Share multiple shopping lists
- You can keep lists for multiple stores (Safeway, ) or types of stores (hardware store, drugstore).
- You can even share lists not related to shopping (to do, questions for the pediatrician, wines we like, movies to see).
- Tap the “Add a shopping list” line to add a shopping list.
- Tap a list to see its contents.
Browse your favorite meal ideas anytime, anywhere
- OurGroceries also keeps track of the ingredients for your favorite meals.
- From the top-level Lists screen, scan your list of favorite meals and pick something to make.
- Tap on a recipe to see what items you need to prepare it.
- Tap the “Add a recipe” line to add a recipe.
Recipes, only simpler
- An OurGroceries recipe is just the main items you need to prepare a dish—you can assume you have staples like salt and water at home.
- Tap the “Add an item” line to add an item to the recipe.
- When you want to prepare a recipe, add all the required items to your shopping list with a single touch, or tap only the items you don’t already have.
- Recipes are shared amongst everyone in your household, just like shopping lists.
The app is free in the Android Market, but is ad supported. For only $4.99 you can get it without ads. Check it out and tell everyone what you think in the forums.